Honda Prelude Forum banner

Bad sound with stock speakers

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  World 
#1 ·
Hello again !
So I have an issue with the audio system of my prelude II 1.8 EX.
First of all I use a stock BLAUPUNKT SQM23 BOSTON car radio and it works fine (I guess), it can play cassettes and that's all I ask of it.
However, the audio quality is very bad, it sounds like the speakers in my car are very beat up.
Let me explain : When the volume passes a certain threshold the sound starts rattling. Also, I only get mids and highs
have no bass whatsoever...
How can I fix this is this really a speaker problem or is my car radio defective ?
Can I swap my speakers ?

Best,
Flyreth

#2 · (Edited)
Also replied on your other topic.

Getting audio in your car is very easy, I suggest buying a simple Bluetooth unit that matches the car's interior as much as possible but keep the old unit for originality:)

Where are your speakers located? the stock speakers are most likely not good and by now might have cracked/blown/dried out, whatever age can do to it- a set of new (door) speakers is cheap and easy to install unless you also want to upgrade the wiring, but this might not be necessary if you just want OK sound.

To have a much better sound you might think about installed two large speakers in the back board together with an amp - if you self install all of this it will cost you around ~500 euro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.