Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first car was a 1982 Honda Prelude I wanted to get back in one so I got one, a red 1992 SI. It has some body damage rear driver door and QP. She seams to run good other than a high idling problem that comes and goes.

The motor is stock replacement H23, body is stock other than clear turn signals, I think its lowered and has a welded on fart can.....that dose not sound that bad.

I bought this car as a replacement/substitute DD for when its to cold. I have been sharing my wife's mustang or ridding my 2004 Honda Shadow Aero 750 motorcycle. When its cold I don't like to ride so I needed a cage, and with the bike being almost complete (modded and customized the way I want it) I need a new money pit/project.

Mods I already have ordered for the car.

Car Alarm, GPS, 2 way page, back up batt. siren. Its a Honda I know they get stolen..... 6 hrs later shes installed.

Energy suspension bushings and new ball joints/ ordered the ones I know are bad and will order the rest soon, as i know they are not far behind

Mods I will do.
New stereo and speakers throughout the whole car.

Tint

Fix rear QP and get new door and trunk

Sand/media blast whole car and repaint neon green jk I love the red.

This list will get a hell of a lot bigger.

I mainly want to restore this lude to its glory days keeping it extra clean. I don't do JDM! (No disrespect to ones that do) no roof rack no yellow fog lights no wheels cambered hella far. I like clear lights and 5k HID that's what I run on my bike. The lude will get the same treatment. Clean project to work on over the next 4 to 5 years lol just like the Shadow. I don't go cheap on my builds, I also don't work fast on them lol.

OK pics.

and because I love showing off my work, my pride, my other DD Honda

Yes i'm a fat dude lol

If any one read all that dam I did not even proof read it all. Thank you and have a nice day.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hey welcome! That red looks nice. For some reason they don't always. I like your idea of keeping it clean. The rear spoiler makes it on these 4th gens.
I have a 93 si parts car and a 94 si dd. At least it was til the timing belt broke a few weeks back. Of course after doing a bunch of work on it. Belt only had about 18k miles on it. Though it was 6 years old. Wouldn't think it'd make that much of a difference. So now I have 2 4th gen parts cars. And no DD. Yet.
Good Luck,
Ben

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL trust me the red does not look good. The guy I bought it off pulled a quick one on me he had an older pink slip from when he first got the car and did not stop to share it was salvaged wail he owned it and brought off salvage to be legal again. It looks to bee painted by a 10 year old. But a friend of mine has an industrial sand blaster/ media blaster and I think next winter I will strip her down and repair/ the repaint. The rear qp and door have damage that needs fixed first. Found a door at a local pick n pull for 50$ but its 2 tone red and white IDK if I want to rock it for the next year or not.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts