Honda Prelude Forum banner

281 - 300 of 304 Posts

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Thanks!

I got some aero that's partially mounted that I need to put up. It's got fender flares on it now and I have a splitter that I haven't mounted yet.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Alright mine's down to 2380 and counting. The goal is less than 2200.
Depends on how extreme you want to go but I'd say that target is pretty easy to get to.
http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww60/Jonion/Honda Prelude 3G/Evo/DSC02932_zps90046376.jpg

1090kgs/2398lbs
That's mine without any radical weight loss, tools etc.. in it and over half a tank of fuel. Still had full audio etc... With a tad more work but still with items mentioned above it was down to 985kgs/2165lbs.
If you're really serious I think 900kgs is quite possible.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Alright mine's down to 2380 and counting. The goal is less than 2200.
Depends on how extreme you want to go but I'd say that target is pretty easy to get to.
http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww60/Jonion/Honda Prelude 3G/Evo/DSC02932_zps90046376.jpg

1090kgs/2398lbs
That's mine without any radical weight loss, tools etc.. in it and over half a tank of fuel. Still had full audio etc... With a tad more work but still with items mentioned above it was down to 985kgs/2165lbs.
If you're really serious I think 900kgs is quite possible.
That's nice I'm going full race with roll cage and whatnot less than 999kg with engine swapped to be more precise on my goal.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the flares and aero!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #288
I finally have all the parts to do it, I plan on working on the aero tonight. I'll try to post up some pictures.

My car's probably going to stay right around 2500. The class rules I build to don't have allowances for me to get too crazy.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #289
So I've still go some work to do, but the splitter is on there by itself now, so I thought I'd take a couple of pictures.

I think it's going to be looking pretty good, no?

It's low.

I plan on painting everything up white and then putting some sort of trim/striping on it to make it look good. We'll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #291
I calculated ~200 lbs of downforce. That's hopefully a bit on the conservative side. It may be as much as 300 lbs.

I'll post up how I go that in a little bit here.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #292
So I finally got it all finished up. I added front and rear fender extensions to 'hide' the wheels from the airflow and a front splitter and air dam.

I'm never good with the polish and shine part of engineering, so I decided to let my daughters finish it for me. I just painted the parts white. They picked the colors and did all the painting. I did a little bit at their direction (there's a couple of unicorns and mermaids on there). I think it turned out great, like a BMW art car.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
That's great. Awesome idea to get your kids involved.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #296
Too, too long between updates here. Although truth be told I just raced the car last year and didn't really have to work on it at all. And no one was taking pictures for most of the year. But I finally got a few from a track day. This is at AMP.

That last picture really explains why I'm grinding off hardware on the underside of my splitter. Guess it'll be a regular wear item!

But..... this year I finally got the budget to go do my TT and Hill Climbs!

It's mostly safety stuff that I'll be doing, but some of that overlaps with performance!

First, I needed to get myself outfitted! I already had the helmet, but needed the rest of the outfit.

Next up is a good suspension refresh. I've already done a number of ball joints, but the steering rack, tire rods, and rod ends all need to be rebuilt.

Up it goes:

Clearing stuff out of the way and draining it:

And then just pop it out!

Right now I'm in the process of cleaning it up.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
A big one: Finally getting the shocks rebuilt and revalved!

You all more or less know how to get from here:

to here:

They've been in for a looooooooong time. This crud had built up and compacted to roughly the consistency of brake pad material.

I bet it's been at least 10 years since they've been this naked.

But I boxed them up, wrote a letter telling the rebuild folks exactly what I wanted (including use, axle loading, and aero), and sent them off.

About 3 weeks later I got this:

So much nicer looking. Technically they didn't do a terribly hot job with the paint, but it's good enough and I don't care about the paint.

Dyno for the front:

I'm not sure what the little dip through part of my travel is, but it's even, across both shocks, so whatever.

Dyno for the rear:

Also, it's a little strange that they give a position/force dyno as opposed to a velocity/force graph. Again, I'm not really going to bother diving into the actual shock values, so long as they work I'm happy.

Alas, I have yet to reinstall, as I'm still in the process of rebuilding the steering rack and I'm going to freshen up my UCA bushings as well.

I've already got a Kirkey that I need to reinstall, right now I'm working on sourcing a roll bar. I'm trying to work with a guy I know to get a roll hoop bent up and then I'll fabricate and weld in the rest, but I'm not really sure how that's progressing. I might just wind up buying an AutoPower roll bar.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #299
Decided against rebuilding the rack, so I just got a new one from Rock Auto.

I'm still in the process of installing it. It's been slow going lately.

I'm also in the process of fabricating and installing a roll bar, which is required for TT and Hill Climbs.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Nice. I'm guessing you selected custom valving for your Konis when they were rebuilt?
I had my front Konis rebuilt (just standard - both were new but one had soaked the box in oil) and didn't get any dyno sheets included.

Curious to see what your impressions are of the rack. Was yours leaking?

281 - 300 of 304 Posts