Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1991 B21A1 Overhaul Progress

230,000. 1991 Si. Second Owner.

Yes it leaked some oil and burned some oil. Oil pan gasket was shot also.

Cylinders walls look really good. Cylinders 1 and 4 look the same as these.

There is a ridge at the top of each cylinder.

No faults found on crank journals. It will be going back in.

Cams Look fine too.

Pretty heavy deposits on the exhaust valves and there is a layer of carbon built up inside the intake ports.

Normal wear on bearings. Actually wear was very light. The other two bearing caps and the rods/bearings are with the block and new pistons at the shop. All of the bearings looked like this or better. Some had not even worn through the cladding. Block is being bored 25 over. New Honda pistons and wrist pins have to be pressed on at the shop. All internals going back in are Honda. Ordered through Majestic Honda. http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/. Best prices on factory parts I have found.

Piston Measurements
Service Limits:
A 3.2673 in.
B 3.2669 in
Actual
#1 B 3.2671 OK
#2 A 3.2675 OK
#3 A 3.2675 OK
#4 A 3.2675 OK
Piston to Block Calculations
Service Limit: .0028
Actual:
#1 0.0026 OK
#2 0.0025 OK
#3 0.0022 OK
#4 0.0024 OK

Its kinda amazing to me that after 230,000 miles the Piston to Block Clearances are still within allowable limits.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My Bad typing too fast. B21. The server kept kicking me out and I thought the first thread never saved. I have asked for one to be deleted. Sorry I'm all thumbs tonight. I'm better with a wrench than with a keyboard

·
Registered
840 Posts
awsome keep pics and progress coming. in a few months i plan on rebuilding my b21, no boost just pure N/A :D

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
Looks good.

Of course there is a ridge at the top of the cylinder walls. There always is. That's what a "ridge reamer" is for. I'm sure you must already know this but seeing as how you specifically pointed it out in your first post, I just wanted to make sure.

:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts