Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i purchase a B21A1 chikara header will it fit on my B20A5 i searched but there is too much garbage to search through. Thanks for your answers ahead of time. Im pretty sure there the same pattern right. i thought i read something somewhere else about 02 sensor non sense,

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
It will bolt up fine. The problem you will have is with the o2 sensors your b20a5 has. There will be no place to install them because the header will have no bungs for them. The b21a1 has a single 4-wire o2 sensor in the downpipe. You'll either need to have bungs welded into the header and plug the one in the downpipe, or you'll need to convert to single o2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Aren't there differences in the EGR tubes as well?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
i dont think you could figure it out then.
if youre not smart enough to think of a better excuse, then your not smart enough to figure it out.
lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes i could very easily do it and now just to piss you off im going to then im going to make a thread dedicated to you and put a minimum of 20 pictures on how to do it...... fucker...... got me all angry now.....one more thing im quite convinced that you are a post whore end of story

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
lol, egr delete is easy:
remove egr tube
weld hole in header shut
remove egr valve
install egr blockoff plate
zip-tie egr valve somewhere in the engine bay, plug it back in, and run the vacuum line to it again.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol, egr delete is easy:
remove egr tube
weld hole in header shut
remove egr valve
install egr blockoff plate
zip-tie egr valve somewhere in the engine bay, plug it back in, and run the vacuum line to it again.
Exactly what i was thinkin the block off plate is the only thing that i see as a challange. I will have to make it

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
Exactly what i was thinkin the block off plate is the only thing that i see as a challange. I will have to make it
why would you have to make it? buy one on ebay, they're like $20. pretty much all 88-99 honda's use the same one. any that say they fit a 92-01 prelude or a 92-99 civic/teg/accord, will fit perfectly

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
would you just bolt that down, or sandwich it like the description says to do. i have never used one, but that looks to be pretty thin. would also like to eliminate my egr as they don't check for it here either. is that something that could be eliminated through tuning, ie just deleted?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
would you just bolt that down, or sandwich it like the description says to do. i have never used one, but that looks to be pretty thin. would also like to eliminate my egr as they don't check for it here either. is that something that could be eliminated through tuning, ie just deleted?
oh, didnt even see that. yeah that plate is only 1/8" thick, dont bother with that one.

get one like this:
http://www.roskoracing.com/EGR_Valve_Block.html

yes, with a tuneable ecu you can remove the egr valve completely and either throw it out or try and sell it lol

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
thats awesome. i made a mistake when i got my donor harness to do the si swap though. i got my harness from 89. the car is 90, so i need the coversion harness and new ecu too right?

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
thats awesome. i made a mistake when i got my donor harness to do the si swap though. i got my harness from 89. the car is 90, so i need the coversion harness and new ecu too right?
if the car was originally a carbed motor, then yess you'll need a conversion harness to use a tuneable ecu, and yes you need a new ecu. i sell both. pm me whenever if interested

1 - 20 of 25 Posts