Honda Prelude Forum banner
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
OLD OLD OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Know how to read the little time and date tabs on the posts?

Avian, your experience seems to range from nothing but simple bolt-ons and tinkering to being a full blown builder. Which one are you again?

·
Memento Mori
7,553 Posts

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
B20a3 B20a5 B21a1 :D

Beyond that, there are no B motors with cable shifters.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Name one. Your thinking cable clutch.
all of the transmissions that came bolted to the b20b/b20z motor were cable shifters...

of course....all the manuals (and about half of the automatics) were all wheel drive, but that's easier to get around than bolting the B20B/B20Z motor to the B20A tranny.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
When using a b20b from a CRV in a 2-wheel drive application you use an Acura Integra transmission. Acura Integra transmissions thru 1990-1993 cable clutch, shifter rods 1993 up hydraulic clutch and still shifter rods. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
the lude in this post is nice , i don't like the doors but its nice the frankenstein swap in a 88 lude i bet its fast

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
When using a b20b from a CRV in a 2-wheel drive application you use an Acura Integra transmission. Acura Integra transmissions thru 1990-1993 cable clutch, shifter rods 1993 up hydraulic clutch and still shifter rods. Thank you.

and if you had read the thread, you might have noticed that swapping the 3rd gen chassis to rod shifting is almost pointless to the point of impossible (especially with a 4WS car), and a hell of a lot of work compared to not using (or blocking off) the output of the AWD tranny.

i don't see a conversion plate between the motor and tranny, so we can assume that the car is no longer using the b20a tranny.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I need your thoughts

I'm still convinced that the H22 is the only way to go if you want to replace the B20A (unless you want to be ridiculous and try a K20 swap). Don't get me wrong, the other B series engines are great engines, but I honestly don't think that they are any better than the powerplant that we currently have in our cars.

I know what a lot of you are thinking, but aftermarket support does not make an engine better. Niether does a higher redline. You have to look the strength of the engine itself (i.e. how much abuse it can take).

I'm sorry, I'm getting off my soapbox now, and I guess I'll even get back on topic.

Props to whoever did this swap, it's definitely unique, and I can tell a lot of hard work went into this car. I hope mine is that clean someday.

(Oh and for anyone wondering how to do this, I think there was a thread on here about someone swapping a B18 into their lude. The process would be exactly the same. A B series engine is a B series engine, unless of course it's a B20A.)

Matt

What do you mean by unless its a b20A? I am aware of 2 B20A engines one of which is the B20A2/3? I am unsure what that means though.

I am in the market for an engine to replace my B21A1. Any good engines worth swapping in? (SOMETHING THAT WILL BE A DIRECT FIT) I am thinking the B20A
This one VVVV

http://www.jdmtigerjapanese.com/honda-acura/engine-only/b20a-dohc-engine-only-88-91.html

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
And you had to bring up a 7 year old thread that hasn't been posted to for 5 years to ask this question :rolleyes:
There are many threads that cover what you're asking in great detail and are right up to date.
Try searching for some of those for your answers.

·
Premium Member
17,199 Posts
And just to confirm, it does not matter if the chassis is 2WS or 4WS, The B20b/z motor swap will work with the rod shifted transmissions of the Civics or integras, but the shifter needs to be modified to fit.

My B16/18/20vtec swap kits allow the swap to be fairly plug and play.
And I offer the service too modify the shift to be bolt up.

Site: www.1funryd.com

B-Series swaps and now AWD swaps now available via 1FunRyd Performance.
Wheel Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle

81 - 98 of 98 Posts