Honda Prelude Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
tsiah said:
not necessarily...cam timing has a huge influence on dynamic compression in the engine. (peak cyl pressure)
I can turbo an engine with 15:1 static compression if I have the cams dialed properly and the engine tuned properly
and proper octane fuel of course :wink:

ok, so we've established to make a badass crvtech, you would need to have it sleeved. if someone wants massive power and can afford it, there is an all-billet b20b block made by darton that can handle up to 35 psi i beleive, and something like 1200 hp lmao.

darton b20b block, high comp pistons, vtec or ported non-vtec head, turbo or s/c, hmmmmmm. im not dumpin that much money in my lude, id rather spend it on another 300zx. but hey, its an idea

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
There comes a time when any more power is just too much.
Sometime well before 1200hp on a fwd street tired car imo :p

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
Yes we know high comp turbo setups are possible. I just suggested it's not wise to do so. It can be done with some great tunning. HIgher compression leaves a smaller margin of error.

Anywho, there is all this hype about butting in a CRVTEC into the prelude.... I say if you are going through all that trouble just slap a B18C-R into it, install a JUN stroker kit, jun valvetrain and tune that bad boy to a sining RPM limit of 12-14k RPM and call it a day.

You'll spend the same about on a DART block and head setup and turbo. So just go with the best instead!~!!!!! well besides the K20.. whatever happened to that project?

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
i think the b20b would be seems like it would be easier than any other swap.since in size its probably the closes to our engines. i dont know if this has been stated but it looks 2 me that he could have used a stock driverside motor mount.if i didnt already have 10:5:1 84mm sleeved b20a block/turbo project i need to finish. this b20b swap would be my project.

·
穏やかな旅行&#
4,713 Posts
prelude91SIT said:
i think the b20b would be seems like it would be easier than any other swap.since in size its probably the closes to our engines.
The B20B/Z have the same block casting as the B18A/B's, they just end up with a larger bore.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
Kalm_Traveler said:
The B20B/Z have the same block casting as the B18A/B's, they just end up with a larger bore.
:stupid:

DING DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!

B20B/Z=bored B18B

B16's have thier own castings and Geesers share it with the type R

·
I'm Back =o
1,731 Posts
well its a year old so I guess you wasted your time and MINE! I saw jan 2006 thinking it was still 2006 ya I hate new years. so I read the first page and a half thinking I've seen this somewheres b4 I remembered it was 2007...agh... oh well
READ THE DATE ON THREADS BEFORE REPLYING TO THEM

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Holy shit that lude is sick....:eek:mg:
I really digg the shaved door handles, antenna and emblems.....Im not a big fan of lambo doors on a lude but shit they look beautiful on this lude.....shit I think I creamed my pants with that B20B/CRV swap....
My homie has his 92' 4-door Civic with a B20B/CRV engine w/ Vtec.....He got the vtec head from another b series engine dont know which one especifically though.....hes running it wit a Hondata computer....but the vtec isnt kicking in yet...he just needs to tune it...that shit is fuken fast as fuck...lol...

·
Registered
300 Posts
WOW that prelude is very clean!, mad props, please no hatin on this guy, he must not be done yet, if he just got a paint job and did all that exterior work and engine he must just wanna show how it looks like for now and later he must complete more like a lip kit on it

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ok motor mounts arent hard to fab with the right equipment, like someone said earlier they do it all the time in the hot rod world. I was thinking about taking on the k20a in a third gen project like 123 said, and I managed to solve most of the problems except the reverse spin of the motor. they would have had to do the same thing on the fourth and fifth gens they put it in. Maybe a transfer case Im not sure but seeing this thread makes me want to figure it out.

Im not tottaly impressed with this car its clean and inventive, but the lambo's with the gold, a little to ghetto fab for me.

·
Registered
73 Posts
...reverse spin problem...
what reverse spin problems? you just mount the motor the same way its mounted in the original car, motor on the passenger side, tranny on the drivers. the biggest issue ive heard of is the diff housing interfering with the rear cross-member and quite likely the steering box too

·
Registered
300 Posts
well i think the lambo doors would look good on the 3gen ONLY UNLESS he adds a lip kit all around and have them shaved and painted along with the exterior job, i can just picture it iit will look sexy. but honestly speaking the 88-89 taillights are so ugly on a White car, if it was black like danny car then you can see a whole different story. change the tailights to smoke taillights or covert them to 90-91 tail lights and it should be NICEee!!

61 - 80 of 98 Posts