Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Shaved door handles;
Shaved antena;
Shaved badges;
M3 mirrors;
Lamborghini door hinges;
Painted Flat Black stock rims;
Respray Championship White

I dont know anything about this car so enjoy the pics. Just found them floating around.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Is the B20B8 vtec stock, or is that a B16/B18 head on it?

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
now all that needs to be answered here is the price of the swap, how to do the swap, how much power were talkin bout, what mods we can use, and anything that i may want to know that could convince me to get this over the b20A (b20B, vtec...hmmm...) or not...haha

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I'm still convinced that the H22 is the only way to go if you want to replace the B20A (unless you want to be ridiculous and try a K20 swap). Don't get me wrong, the other B series engines are great engines, but I honestly don't think that they are any better than the powerplant that we currently have in our cars.

I know what a lot of you are thinking, but aftermarket support does not make an engine better. Niether does a higher redline. You have to look the strength of the engine itself (i.e. how much abuse it can take).

I'm sorry, I'm getting off my soapbox now, and I guess I'll even get back on topic.

Props to whoever did this swap, it's definitely unique, and I can tell a lot of hard work went into this car. I hope mine is that clean someday.

(Oh and for anyone wondering how to do this, I think there was a thread on here about someone swapping a B18 into their lude. The process would be exactly the same. A B series engine is a B series engine, unless of course it's a B20A.)

Matt

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Where did those wheels come stock? They look like they're 5 spoke 15' wheels.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
Did a bit of research.
The B20B8 was an Australia motor, in the 99-00 CRV.
I see it mentioned as a donor block for B20VTEC conversions, whichs makes me wonder about the stock vtec-ness of it.

Thats all i know though.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Oh... Mah... Gawd...

That car is so pretty. Its radiance blinds me, yet opens my eyes to the truth: I should put my beater out of its misery because I can never hope for it to be that beautiful, and the best I can do is show it mercy in a quick death.

Smoked tails, no body kit, crisp black molding against crisp white paint. Muffler is kinda goofy. Like a gap tooth on an otherwise perfect 10: I could learn to live with it.

Is whoever did that swap affiliated with some sort of shop so that he may manufacture and distribute mount kits for B-series engines? Not that I'm in any financial situation to afford a swap, nor do i have the time/know-how/confidence to do one myself, but it would be nice.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Is it just me or does it look like the engine is a little farther to the side than normal?

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
The B20B is not a Vtec engine. It's a low compression setup dual cam. 16 valve. With about 140hp and 140tq. THe B20Z has 145hp and 150tq I believe but it does have higher comp pistons then the B20B.

THis is why you have the "frankenstien" hybrid engine. Take any B series Vtec head and add it to a B20B with some oversized B16B pistons and proper tunning and you can easily see 200whp with it.

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
this made me think...why in the world then dont guys put other b-series heads on the b20As? is it the blocks angle that doesnt make it work? (ie: hood clearance, air/coolant flow?)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
easily huh :)

well yes that is a sexy engine in that lude... stickin with the B20 :), but i really dont like the exterior (im with danny...) i dont like the shaved door handles at all... i mean i like it on some hot rods.. but not on a 3rd gen.. plus.. i dont really like the lambo doors.. but u cant tell it has that unless the doors are open :p i think if he was going for the entire cleen look..... he should have painted the trim white too

1 - 20 of 98 Posts