Honda Prelude Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts
Also with your kit the pdf do you send that when the kit send out also what does the pdf go over
The pdf explains the installation and the parts we used to make this swap work.
It answers pretty much all engine and transmission install instructions, the wiring is something else which the buyer has to either pay a professional who understands car wiring or they can do it themselves.

I made all my swaps as plug and play as possible, but the fact that I did not pioneer the first H22 swap, that is all just general knowledge that has been collected over the years.

The B20b swap I did with my car setup is documented purely with my car and resources, so it is expected that the customer must either have an understanding or pay someone or have more experienced friends or associates to assist.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It answers pretty much all engine and transmission install instructions, the wiring is something else which the buyer has to either pay a professional who understands car wiring or they can do it themselves.

I made all my swaps as plug and play as possible, but the fact that I did not pioneer the first H22 swap, that is all just general knowledge that has been collected over the years.

The B20b swap I did with my car setup is documented purely with my car and resources, so it is expected that the customer must either have an understanding or pay someone or have more experienced friends or associates to assist.
Got ya and i got help also the resources I got are not much the trans I found which the listing you mentioned someone on another forum went over the ls and gsr which is the S80 but I been looking online and found a Y80 which other forums said something about but curious will it be compatible further than that I understand everything engine and trans wise code wise and year which you went over above but like I said so far I found a Y80 but I just wanted to make sure it’s compatible even tho some forms may say

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·

with that being will the Y80 be ok which I thought was a ls well that’s what it’s listed as but on.a thread I found some of these transmissions have s80 and be in a different year but I just want to know I know you listed them which also some ppl say the gsr shift quicker rpm wise unlike the ls will the Y80 work ok

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts
with that being will the Y80 be ok which I thought was a ls well that’s what it’s listed as but on.a thread I found some of these transmissions have s80 and be in a different year but I just want to know I know you listed them which also some ppl say the gsr shift quicker rpm wise unlike the ls will the Y80 work ok
As long as its the same as the S80 transmission, it will work.
You will have to figure that out for the Y80 transmission as we did not try that one.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
As long as its the same as the S80 transmission, it will work.
You will have to figure that out for the Y80 transmission as we did not try that one.
Well I found this trans he say it came from a 96

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

·
Premium Member
17,034 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Oh yeah, I did not even closely examine it. Stay away from that one!!!
yea I notice little imperfections if I can’t find much in next couple days I might just get the one I posted from eBay it’s two on eBay I’m watching right now and on Facebook

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

Found this one for the crv B20b the only thing it need apparently is both input bearings

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
21 - 40 of 50 Posts