Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know this has been asked like a million times, but I can’t find much on it.
I’m looking to turbo my 88 prelude Si.
It has a b20a5.
I’m going to put h23 rods in it, new rings, and rod bearings. I’m looking for a turbo manifold but I literally can’t find anything. I saw people using dsm manifolds but you can’t use the front motor mount with them and I don’t like that. I’m gonna run 7-8 psi on the setup with a cheap turbo. But I don’t know where the heck I can get a manifold. I plan on running a fmu because it’s a pain to upgrade to obd1 and i already have a fmu. I’ll keep updating this thread with my progress over the winter.

Here’s a pic of the bay currently.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive air manifold

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here’s a pic of the new valve cover I got yesterday at the junk yard. It’s from a b20b and I was told by Sean from 1funryd that it’s compatible so thanks to him.
Wood Lego Plastic Fashion accessory Icing

Wood Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply. What sucks is that manifold doesn’t ship to Canada. I installed a b20b valve cover on my b20a5. I think it hits in the cam gears because I heard a whining and took the cover off to see small scratches where the cover meets the gears. I just left it. Hopefully it self clearances lol.
Here’s a pic with the cover on.
Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive design Car

I got a front lip from an accord that I’m gonna install tomorrow, I’ll post some pics of that when I’m done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Following, I'm looking to do the same. I'm trying to keep it retro and fun not looking for crazy numbers just somthing period correct and more fun to drive. I have a lube speed turbo kit though. I also wanted to use an apexi neo but am also concedering hondata it's just more work for me.
That’s sick, where did you get a lude speed kit from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Did you try contacting Foundry3 directly? It could just be that his checkout software isn't setup for shipping outside the US, I'm sure you could work out something with him to get a manifold.

The last Ludespeed manifolds/kits were made 20 years ago, so you have to luck out and find someone selling a used one (and they sold in very limited numbers back then). Also; while the build quality of Ludespeed manifolds wasn't considered too bad back in the day, the custom fabricatrion world has moved on. The Foundry3 manifold build quality is far beyond what the Ludespeed manifolds were.
Yea, I’m going to contact him directly.
Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, I think I will get the foundry manifold. Im gonna do some more research on it and maybe pull the trigger. Here’s a pic of the engine bay so far, I still need to install my new header.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design

1 - 6 of 6 Posts