Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a prelude 4ws B20A5 that had a snapped timing belt. Pulled the head and found 12 bent valves but we haven't had any luck finding any OEM or aftermarket valves. No pick n pulls near my area have had any to strip. Any suggestions?

Also, since we already have the head off, we may as well replace the head gasket. Read on here that eBay gaskets are acceptable for the rest of the gaskets in the engine, but haven't found a good aftermarket HG.

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Contact 1funryd... he sells Cometic hg. Best on the market

·
Registered
381 Posts
The original equipment manufacturer head sets and valves are available from a couple of my suppliers. I could get a head set for you for $122 + shipping costs, while valves would be $19.25 each for the exhaust, and $10.95 each for the intakes. I actually can't find aftermarket valves for less from any of my suppliers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The original equipment manufacturer head sets and valves are available from a couple of my suppliers. I could get a head set for you for $122 + shipping costs, while valves would be $19.25 each for the exhaust, and $10.95 each for the intakes. I actually can't find aftermarket valves for less from any of my suppliers.
By head sets do you mean the head w/o valves? Or the head gasket? Or just a full head

·
Registered
381 Posts
By head sets do you mean the head w/o valves? Or the head gasket? Or just a full head
Well, none of those, sorry for the confusion. A head gasket set consists of all the gaskets and seals needed to rebuild a cylinder head: head gasket, intake and exhaust manifold gaskets, valve cover gasket, tube seals, washers, valve guide seals, thermostat gasket, distributor o-ring, TDC sensor o-ring, camshaft seals, fuel injector o-rings, cushions, and gaskets, intake manifold plenum and throttle body gaskets. Valves are sold separately.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi Kabuki,
Are you offering to resale the head gasket set? I'd take one.

·
Registered
1990 Honda Prelude 2.0Si, 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0Si 4ws, 1990 Honda Prelude Si 4ws, etc.
680 Posts
Have you checked ebay? JIS Engine sells replacement valves. you can get all 8 for either side for like 35 bux. I found all kinds of suppliers for the valves. JIS also makes a gasket kit that has been fine, to include an OEM style graphite head gasket. Again, around 40-ish bux for the whole gasket set. I've used this very kit in my own and it's lasted better than a decade without problems. Y'all need to look harder.

Reactions: boriskov
1 - 8 of 8 Posts