Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a major oil leak and I found out what is leaking. I have a part number 37841-PK2-026. I had my local Honda dealership do a nationwide search and no one has one because they are discontinued.

I was wondering of anyone knows where I can get Honda part # 37841-PK2-026
Part might be called a Sensor Assembly, Cylinder or the Crankshaft Position Sensor. Help me get my 1989 Prelude Si with only 140,000 miles on it back on the road.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update....I talked to a guy on facebook that rebuilds these for $75. But you have to send him your old one. The garage I have my car at says they found a place selling them new for $200 and some odd dollars. Some place bought all the stock that a dealership had. If this doesn't go through then I am getting the guy from facebook to rebuild one for me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Where exactly is the leak? The o rings are still available for $11. If you were running fine, then the sensor itself is functional. I'd first replace the O ring

·
Premium Member
16,813 Posts
Update....I talked to a guy on facebook that rebuilds these for $75. But you have to send him your old one. The garage I have my car at says they found a place selling them new for $200 and some odd dollars. Some place bought all the stock that a dealership had. If this doesn't go through then I am getting the guy from facebook to rebuild one for me.
You are talking about Alex Leal.

Here is another source for new: Standard Motor Products PC367 Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor, Honda Prelude 88 89 90 91 - My Bay Car Parts

·
Registered
381 Posts
The sensor is made by TEC, and uses the same shaft seal as the TEC distributors, so it can be rebuilt the same way. The seal part number is BH3888/E0.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where exactly is the leak? The o rings are still available for $11. If you were running fine, then the sensor itself is functional. I'd first replace the O ring
If that part I ordered does not come in the mail that I ordered from the site above...where do I get this $11 seal? The garage called me today after having my car for over 2 months and said that the 2 sites he ordered the part from returned his money and said "discontinued part".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hondapartsnow.com has it for under $3. Its part number 5 on the honda expanded diagram of the CPS. Honda part No.:30110-PA1-732. Amazon has it for $6.53 including shipping.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hondapartsnow.com has it for under $3. Its part number 5 on the honda expanded diagram of the CPS. Honda part No.:30110-PA1-732. Amazon has it for $6.53 including shipping.
Ok I bought that o ring. It's $12 and something with tax. Is there a how to video on how to change the o ring? Or pics? Thanks for the info by the way. So now it's a race to see what gets here 1st. The o ring or that "new" sensor assembly. :p

·
Registered
31 Posts
Unbolt the CPS and pull it out of the head. The o ring sits in a groove on the shaft that inserts into the head. Use a pick or small screw driver to remove the old ring and slide the new one onto the groove. 10 minute repair.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unbolt the CPS and pull it out of the head. The o ring sits in a groove on the shaft that inserts into the head. Use a pick or small screw driver to remove the old ring and slide the new one onto the groove. 10 minute repair.
The YouTube video made it look like you had to take a screw out and get the 0 ring in the middle that is hidden...Must have been for the distributor. Thanks man.....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yo Jimmy you still looking for this CYP sensor? Like the one that goes on the exhaust cam, passenger side? Still looking for one?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yo Jimmy you still looking for this CYP sensor? Like the one that goes on the exhaust cam, passenger side? Still looking for one?
Mine is leaking oil and running into the sensor. I bought one of those o-rings listed above. Took it to the garage today and gave it to them. Let's hope this fixes the oil leak. I will post an update when they get it installed. My 89 Prelude Si has been sitting there for 2 months and 2 weeks. It looked like new when I dropped it off. It has been rained on 4 or 5 times and now it looks so filthy. I hope I get it back tomorrow. If not I will get with you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is still running fine but the smell of the burning oil dripping on the exhaust is what I can't stand. If you don't fix the leak it eventually shorts out the sensor.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Mine is leaking oil and running into the sensor. I bought one of those o-rings listed above. Took it to the garage today and gave it to them. Let's hope this fixes the oil leak. I will post an update when they get it installed. My 89 Prelude Si has been sitting there for 2 months and 2 weeks. It looked like new when I dropped it off. It has been rained on 4 or 5 times and now it looks so filthy. I hope I get it back tomorrow. If not I will get with you.
Nobody listens. The o-rings (30110-PA1-732) that seal between the distributor or sensor and the cylinder head are not difficult to acquire. I have six different Honda distributor o-rings on the shelf right now. The shop you took your vehicle to should have been able to get it the same day from any parts store or the Honda dealer, because the TEC distributor o-ring fits all TEC distributors from about 1988 through 2000. That /might/ be your problem, but NOT if the leak is coming through the body of the sensor. If it is through the body of the sensor, you need a distributor shaft seal, which Honda has never made available separately. NOK's part number is BH3888-E0. You should be able to acquire them from an Advance Auto Parts, but they may need to order it in from Worldpac. You may also be able to find it on Amazon or Ebay. If none of them work for you, let me know and I can ship one to you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nobody listens. The o-rings (30110-PA1-732) that seal between the distributor or sensor and the cylinder head are not difficult to acquire. I have six different Honda distributor o-rings on the shelf right now. The shop you took your vehicle to should have been able to get it the same day from any parts store or the Honda dealer, because the TEC distributor o-ring fits all TEC distributors from about 1988 through 2000. That /might/ be your problem, but NOT if the leak is coming through the body of the sensor. If it is through the body of the sensor, you need a distributor shaft seal, which Honda has never made available separately. NOK's part number is BH3888-E0. You should be able to acquire them from an Advance Auto Parts, but they may need to order it in from Worldpac. You may also be able to find it on Amazon or Ebay. If none of them work for you, let me know and I can ship one to you.
So guess what? You guess it. It is still leaking oil like crazy from the shaft. The o-ring did not fix my problem. The garage said the o-ring on it was hard as a rock but the seal they see if stamped in from the factory and there is no way to repair it or remove the seal. I am so mad grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah but how do you get a stamped seal out?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok I finally got the answer I was looking for. Thanks lorby for all this great info.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts