Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
found this vid while playing around on the Youtube and just thought it was interesting. doubt its real by any means so dont blow me up with saying im retarded for believing it.

if anyone knows anything about this particular swap let me know cause im curious as to why the hell they did this swap in a newer civic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSMc5L029iQ

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
another thing too, go about 24seconds into the vid when they show the B20a on the pallet and notice the weird header, is that like the UK style or something?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
haha. Soooooooooooo many better options for the car. If you are going to do something custom, and be different, make it worth it. The b20 really isn't that much better than the d16 that probably came in it.

·
Registered
9,584 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the owner lived in a location with limited availability of motors for a reasonable price. It's likely he/she did this swap simply because it was a lot less expensive... or...

It could be a stolen ride. So they took the motor for money and dropped in the cheapest thing they could for resale. I mean there are people that actually do that.

·
Premium Member
596 Posts
another thing too, go about 24seconds into the vid when they show the B20a on the pallet and notice the weird header, is that like the UK style or something?
That is the EDM header. This is the header that I had on my B20A9 but on my friends B20A5 wasn't the same so I guess this engine is B20A9 or B20A7 not B20A5.
About the worth of the swap may be the owner had this engine for free from somewhere and that's why he used it. I don't think it's the best option for swap with the limited aftermarket support and with the low rev limit :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
B20A9 header as Vtecinside said! i guess it a great car to drive, he should better swaped it into an 4g civic for lower weight, that would be fun!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hah, its real.

A while back some guy in a old 90 da tried to join my crew, and i had to race him.

he like "ive got a jdm b20."

Im like, "aw fawk hes poppiin vtec"

assuming hes talking about a real b20.
after i beat him with my b20a3(LOL) he popped the hood and it was a b20a..

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Hah, its real.

A while back some guy in a old 90 da tried to join my crew, and i had to race him.

what the hell are u talking about??

·
Registered
302 Posts
he raced someone that told him they had a jdm b20 in their DA integra, he assumed that it was a b20b, and after beating him in his carby lude, he finds out its a b20a in a DA integra.. instead of the crv b20...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
overhere there is a 92-95 civic with that swap. they all did it because is was better thant the b16 it came with it. no big thing or anything, but i have seen our engines on a newer civic. nothing special about it
ok... youve got to be kidding me.

our B20a's are pretty cool for the era of car, but by no means are they "better than" the B16 motors.

even in the USDM B16 powered civics a B16 still puts out 145 meaty horses, vs. our what? 135HP at best from a clapped out old motor?

not better at all, heavier than, slower than, maybe... but not better than...

not to mention a B16 motor can rev to 8K all day with a retune past stock limitations and still get decent power up there too. we rev to 6.5K stock and there is no more power to be had at our rev limit... NONE.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:bsflag:

why would someone swap a strong motor like the LS B18 that can and does easily beat our motor for our B20?

i dont even think that the motor mounts or anything would really line up either, not without mount fabrication.

Hah, its real.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is the EDM header. This is the header that I had on my B20A9 but on my friends B20A5 wasn't the same so I guess this engine is B20A9 or B20A7 not B20A5.
About the worth of the swap may be the owner had this engine for free from somewhere and that's why he used it. I don't think it's the best option for swap with the limited aftermarket support and with the low rev limit :)
dude that Header looks like it flows a shit load better than our stock a5's.

and i notice it doesnt appear to be cast iron so you could infact cut and reweld it to make the 4 into 2 collector a little more efficient.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
Whoever says they know what that header is off then I need pics to show it.
That is definitely nothing like any I've seen as stock on any B20a.
Looks more like a poorly made 4 into 1.
And it's definitely not from the B20A7, they are cast just like every other B20 header I've seen (for real or pics).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts