Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have an 89 lude with the b20a3 in it.. SOHC double barrel carbs etc... well the engine block is seized.. i have a friend that has a b20a5 block thats in good condition for its milage.. i think i already know the answer to my question but i just want to double check.... can i swap my old b20a3 out and put my buddys b20a5 block in???? remind you this is the block only!! im using my old heads etc.. thanks for the help!!

·
OT HOMO
1,055 Posts
ok i have an 89 lude with the b20a3 in it.. SOHC double barrel carbs etc... well the engine block is seized.. i have a friend that has a b20a5 block thats in good condition for its milage.. i think i already know the answer to my question but i just want to double check.... can i swap my old b20a3 out and put my buddys b20a5 block in???? remind you this is the block only!! im using my old heads etc.. thanks for the help!!
yes you can but just do a complete si swap....pgmfi FTMFW

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
As stated above, yes, you can use the b20a5 block in place of the b20a3 block with no issues if you want to keep it dual carb'd. Everything will bolt up perfect. The only thing you will notice is the oil cooler that is mounted between the oil filter and the block on the a5. Just remember to replace the water pump and coolant pipe o-ring while you have it out. Also a good idea to replace all the coolant lines while you're at it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
also to add to luzers thing its easy to change the clutch when the engine is out to if it dont need one change it anyways. its easyer to do it when its out of the car then to try it when everything is the way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts