Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question?

Im in the middle of upgrading my 88' 2.0S to a B20a 2.0SI ALB 91; I order the exhaust manifold to pipe gaskets (2 metal circular gaskets) for a 91' 2.0Si and found out that they are too small. Does anyone know what the correct size i need? Maybe for the 2.1? :Rock:

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm having the same problem with mine right now so if anyone knows please answer.
The book from Walker gaskets part # is 31586 and it says not SI model these are a 1/2" in dia too small.
Does anyone know the part # and manufacturer for these besides going to Honda? Or if any other Honda/ Acura part will work?

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
If you are going to need to pass some sort of emission checks you will need to find a set of USDM intake and exhaust manifolds, the JDM ones lack the EGR fittings, which is an instant fail in most emissions testing.

That said, the easy thing to do would be to grab the downpipe and take it to a good parts store, then you can test a wide variety of gaskets untill you find one that works.

Or just buy a header.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
yeah, i say buy a header lol.

if you want to stay stock, a lot of parts stores list the wrong gasket in their computers. go to a parts store and tell them to check the book. if they dont have a book, leave the store and go to a different store.

·
New title is new
9,436 Posts
The very best thing you can do when your looking for any part is go to your LOCAL auto parts store, someone who isn't napa or any of the other huge chains.
Generally speaking, they employ actual car people, who might have a faint idea wtf your after.
And they're usually willing to dig around in the back of the store to find out that a 1964 1/3 Chevy Shitbox SS exhaust downpipe sealing ring also fits a 89 honda prelude.

No, a shitbox 64 1/3 SS (SBSS :p) downpipe gasket doesn't fit, though some Chevy gasket might, they made an aweful lot of cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.