Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well its either I buy it and do it up or I crack the shits with gen2's and get some other type of car....

Only problem with the car is that its going to cost me $2k and thats before fixing any problems and mods.

Apparently the b20a wasn't in jap gen2's but the owner rekons its from Japan, and it has Jap writing all over it....

But the oringal owner was a stinge and there is no equaliser.

Interior looks a little worse for wear then my current JDM XX

This one is an 86 Si, Apparently JDM but I don't know. Thought only kiwi's and euros got them...

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
The body doesn't look very good from that one shot.
And it doesn't look like it has any cool features, does it? but that engine looks nice, better condition than your's i'll assume?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
that has got the black top b20a. which i think was only sent out to europe????? cant rmemeber what the difference is between the gold top b20a and the black top

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
if you bought it, i would tell you to connect the air intake hose that disconnected from the air box, oh yeah, and i would say buy it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ummm, you can't put the b20 into an AB chassis its like totally different.

Unless someones done it before I'd like to see :tongue2:

Still trying to think if I should buy it but its going to be one very expensive Prelude....

$600 for the car,
$1200 shipping
$1500 to register it.
then $whatever it is to fix it.
then $ for mods.

Could buy another newer more powerful car for a little bit more, like a MR2 Mx6t, Supra...

Prelude85 said:
The body doesn't look very good from that one shot.
And it doesn't look like it has any cool features, does it? but that engine looks nice, better condition than your's i'll assume?
Only cool features are, Power mirrors/cruise control/B20a :turn:
The radiator looks like its leaked tho as you can see lots of residue.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Annihilator69 said:
The radiator looks like its leaked tho as you can see lots of residue.
All stuff that i don't have, which means they are cool features to me, :lol:

but yeah would be a very expensive 2G. :shock:

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
2g B20a

Well it's definately a 2G B20A but the from the look of your car being so minty i would be reluctant to get rid off and change for that one, looks expensive swap to me with a few choice engine parts and some work your A18/ET would be as fast and powerfull as a B20A anyway, but you could swap the engine in but you'd have to custom fabricate a front mount and possibly rear one too, the cross members on the front and all the suspension components are completely different too. It's possible to do but is a lot of work and you'll have to swap the wiring over from the two cars as well, would be easier to convert it to carbs and use a aftermarket ignition system with it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Annihilator69 said:
"B20A feature" is best feature u ever can get in 2g lude. :headbang::biggrin:
PS. too expensive for even that kinda feature.
for 4k$ u can get nissan 200sx 1.8turbo RWD or olschool supra

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to decide.
Either get it and do it up or just get another car altogether.

Problem with my car is that it is an ES not an ET since its an 83 I think.
Engine needs new rings, tranny jerks gears, brakes are rooted, dizzy is on last legs.

Too expensive to fix... Body and interior are so mint tho, thats what pisses me off the most.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
krilovs said:
its written on engine in pic- B20A.
JDM 160HP stock :love:
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
Time for a tranny and engine swap!

Annihilator69 said:
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to decide.
Either get it and do it up or just get another car altogether.

Problem with my car is that it is an ES not an ET since its an 83 I think.
Engine needs new rings, tranny jerks gears, brakes are rooted, dizzy is on last legs.

Too expensive to fix... Body and interior are so mint tho, thats what pisses me off the most.
You can't sell that thing! It's the most JDMist thing ever, it's gorgeous!

·
Registered
593 Posts
We totally get shafted in america.... Everywhere else (even CANADA) get better engines... More neat features... they don't have to worry about half the emissions crap we have which half of those makes our cars run like poop after the emissions components fuck up, and then we have to pay for something we dont even want! :wzbigcry:

·
Registered
213 Posts
InjectionIsBetter said:
We totally get shafted in america.... Everywhere else (even CANADA) get better engines... More neat features... they don't have to worry about half the emissions crap we have which half of those makes our cars run like poop after the emissions components fuck up, and then we have to pay for something we dont even want! :wzbigcry:
thrust me, i feel the same way about america..
i have a dream, where i can get a ride in `79 camaro. but its not possible in europe if u dont have a lot of money. but i still know, when time comes ill own one.
:inlove:
i think in US every kid can have one of thees beauties

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
heh, funny, never thought any envied our american cars.

And '79 camaros are cool!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I throw in the towel.

Link is here if anyone for some reason wants to buy it.

Offer the guy $600 and he'll take it.

http://carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_content.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2824246&current_rec=123&used_rec=26&total_rec=219&sort_type=&total_rec=219&sort_type=&price_max=7500&make_id=19&state_id=-1&search_distance=25

Gonna probably take my lude to the wreckers or something since its fucked, (needs new rings on cylinder #2 and master cylinder is gone and auto tranny jerks gears sometimes.)

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
trust me its a b20a if u havnt sen a b20a which came in al 2nd gens on the eastern side of the world dont even talk that looks nothin like a b18

1 - 20 of 26 Posts