Honda Prelude Forum banner

641 - 659 of 659 Posts

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Everyone has been waiting on this swap kit for a long time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So what happened here did Bryan decide to make the mounts avail to us? I would buy them right now I have a built b16 I'm putting into my lude did allot of searching and found this read all 26 pages just to come to a hault from a few years ago. Details man how is the car doing today?

Very nice job on everything man my hats off to you and your crew for opening the doors for all of us

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #652
Back from the dead!

Hello Prelude community! I apologize about the incredibly long break from the forum. Life happens quick, and 10 years later, you're still finishing your project car. ha ha, anyways, long story short, I have finally gotten the Prelude out of storage after not touching it from about 2010.

Here's a couple pics for you guys, hope the community has been good since I have taken a break. Any of the OG's still around?

This is the car when we got it out of storage a couple months ago, it was a bit dusty, but overall, good to go!

Here's a couple pics of us moving it to its new home in MD

Here's the current duo at the house...missing in action is the Evo 9...thats a whole different story, but when I bought the WRX we decided to make the Evo a bit more angry, and its still being put together in WV.

Here's the current situation:
When we left off, we were chasing down an intermittent ECU issue. We had the car complete, drove it for about 50 miles with no real problems. For whatever reason, the car developed a symptom where it would randomly cut power completely. We chased that demon down for several months, never really found out what was causing it. Eventually, we started swapping ECU's, even tried a stand alone AEM...no luck. Then we started down the path of completely converting the car to OBD II instead of using conversion harnesses, and thats were we are at.

This is the part that sucks...when we were completely shredding the wiring of the car, we got to the fuse box and started inspecting fuses. The ECU fuse had a hairline fracture, only visible if you held it up to light. THAT was the problem all along, but we had already done the damage.

Now, Im going to re-trace my steps of how I wired it up in the first place and make that work again.

I have really missed the car and the community; lots of good memories here!

I'll update you all when I can get some things completed.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #654
Welcome back.
I finally competed my B series kit in 2015.
I have a B20vtec in my 91si 4ws.
That’s awesome. How did you do the wiring on your swap?

·
Premium Member
16,518 Posts
I worked with Anthony Martin(luda8890)one of our members who is local to me.
He essentially rewired the whole harness to make it work. He does this type of work on the side of his regular job which is a certified ASE mechanic. He is very knowledgeable with our cars and has access to resources most other mechanics do not even know exist...lol

I was also able to get WireWorx to make us a harness for this swap as well.

So you can either have Anthony or WireWorx redo your harness if that is what you need.

Here are my swap threads:

1FunRyd - 88-91 Prelude B20vtec swap

88-91 Prelude B20b/z swap

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #658
I worked with Anthony Martin(luda8890)one of our members who is local to me.
He essentially rewired the whole harness to make it work. He does this type of work on the side of his regular job which is a certified ASE mechanic. He is very knowledgeable with our cars and has access to resources most other mechanics do not even know exist...lol

I was also able to get WireWorx to make us a harness for this swap as well.

So you can either have Anthony or WireWorx redo your harness if that is what you need.

Here are my swap threads:

1FunRyd - 88-91 Prelude B20vtec swap

88-91 Prelude B20b/z swap
Sounds awesome. Thanks for the welcome back, will keep you guys in the loop as I get it finished.

641 - 659 of 659 Posts