Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

so i just got a beautiful 2nd gen with a problematic carb and automatic transmission. my initial thought was doing a third gen b20 swap but finding a full changeover isn’t easy apparently (or maybe i’m just dumb). so i’m looking in to a b16 full changeover from hmotorsonline. i’m just looking for reliability when it’s all completed. for as much as i’ve seen this swap mentioned being done, i haven’t seen any write ups. (i may be blind as well as dumb who knows)

so

A. mostly i’m wondering if anyone knows of any write up for this

B. or what i might need outside of

1. complete changeover
(including:
– Motor
– Cable Tranny (YS1)
– ECU (PR3)
– Axles with Half Shaft
– Shift Linkage
– Stock Motor Mounts
– Alternator
– Starter
– Clutch
– Flywheel
– Intake Manifold
– Exhaust Manifold
– Fuel Rail
– Injectors
– Distributor
– Engine Harness
– Comes With All Sensors Needed)
2. custom motor mounts
3. clutch pedal assembly

i’m sure i need more, just don’t know what

any help appreciated
any “fucks offs” are also appreciated

·
Registered
272 Posts
Kabuki

Certainly, a B16 swap will work just fine in the 2G, but I would personally recommend the JDM 3G Accord's B20A, which /should/ be capable of mating to the existing transmission. They make about the same horsepower as the B16, but a bunch more torque.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Certainly, a B16 swap will work just fine in the 2G, but I would personally recommend the JDM 3G Accord's B20A, which /should/ be capable of mating to the existing transmission. They make about the same horsepower as the B16, but a bunch more torque.
yea i wanna ditch the current transmission and switch manual to auto too. do y’all think 86-89 b series motor mounts would work with a second gen? i know a lot of their parts swap well but that seems a tad crucial lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts