Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
816 Posts
Depends what you are swapping it into if its an Si its easy pretty much goes straight in, make sure you get along with the complete engine, gearbox (B2K5 or F2K5 are the only ones that fit) Exhaust manifold and down pipe, the intermediate shaft off the back of the block has to be for a manual, the rear engine mount bracket can be manual or auto they are both the same. the axles they both have 3 blue stripes on them.

You should likely also get the loom and ECU with it as well because the B20 Has electronic ignition advance and you might need it to help get it going.

If you want the complete swap everything required give me a PM i have the lot avaliable right now.

·
Registered
197 Posts
i would love to do the b20 swap, i had my eye on a wrecked 3rd gin but it has disapead and i dont know where it went lol. its not in an of the local yeards so some one must have gottin it for them selfs.

·
Registered
754 Posts
make sure we are all on the right page with this cause alex is talking about the jdm b20a swap, the b20 swap from the 3rd gen however is not just a bolt in affair

·
Registered
197 Posts
a 3g lude has dif mounts from what i understand and the jdm b20 is a strate swap or close to it. but if you have a copleat 3g lude you can swap it all over it just may take time money and some modding. but hell anything can be dun with time and money i got a ford 302 in to my supra and used the factoy trans from the car.

·
Registered
754 Posts
nothing is a simple swap when it comes to our 2g's, the b20a would be simplest of all if you had an si but being that you have a base model you are going to run into problems for instance you have to do an fi conversion, yes there have been b series swaps done and there are a few people on this site rocking them but nothing is going to be as simple as just bolt in, it will take time and money and if you are car shy then it will take even more money to get a shop to do the work for you, your best bet is build your motor that you have unless that is you have a lot of time and money then go for whatever makes you happy but please understand it is not just a simple bolt in and that includes the b20b

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i already knew that its not a snap together model. LOL. I was saying with a shop and the right tools to work with would it be easier to slap together. And no i dont have time or money! LOL but this is going to be happening over the next few years not months or weeks!!! I just want power... And can you swap out a auto trans, and make it into a manual without machanical failure?

·
Registered
754 Posts
yes you can do a 5 speed conversion without any mechanical failure

·
Registered
754 Posts
you will need more than just the tranny

1 - 20 of 20 Posts