Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 88 Automatic Prelude Si and was wondering what my options are for replacing the transmission. I was having transmission issues with it where it wasn't changing gears at all, so much so that I couldn't even get it into reverse. I'm having trouble finding transmissions that would fit my vehicle. Any help would be appreciated to point me in the right direction. Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got a 88 Automatic Prelude Si and was wondering what my options are for replacing the transmission. I was having transmission issues with it where it wasn't changing gears at all, so much so that I couldn't even get it into reverse. I'm having trouble finding transmissions that would fit my vehicle. Any help would be appreciated to point me in the right direction. Thanks
I have a 91 I will be pulling the tranny out of that's automatic tho I'm not sure the difference in years. What motor does yours have?

·
Premium Member
16,544 Posts
I have a 91 I will be pulling the tranny out of that's automatic tho I'm not sure the difference in years. What motor does yours have?
You cannot use the 90-91 B21a1 auto transmissions on the 88-89 B20a5 motors, due to they have 4 solenoids, and the 88-89 versions only have 2.
The TCU will not know what to do with them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts