Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What parts can I use off Civics and Accords? Trying to find what I can in junkyards because we got no Preludes in my city. Civic parts are considerably cheaper. Cheapest linkage? I'm a big fan of Ebay cheap parts. I read a manual Civic 98-00 starter can be used.

I just haven't found a list anywhere and all these forums and pages are old .

·
Registered
139 Posts
Nothing off a Civic will work, nothing. Most would be a Accord, from a Accord you can use the shift cables(linkage), shifter, transmission, and only thing i’m not sure would be the clutch pedal. If you use Accord cables make sure to use Accord shifter, same with Prelude if you use Prelude cables use the Preude shifter. Other than that you need a Prelude H22 half shaft and other parts. Those things are just about the only things you can use off other cars(Accord)

·
Registered
139 Posts
And there is A LOT of information online, i did my swap myself using nothing but online information, they might be “old” but nothing changes about them, it’s still the same process no matter how old they are. Here’s the main resource thread with the entire parts list : RomPirate’s 5spd Swap Resource Thread .
And here’s a link to the videos that helped me out because he helps visualize the process and makes it easy :

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing off a Civic will work, nothing. Most would be a Accord, from a Accord you can use the shift cables(linkage), shifter, transmission, and only thing i’m not sure would be the clutch pedal. If you use Accord cables make sure to use Accord shifter, same with Prelude if you use Prelude cables use the Preude shifter. Other than that you need a Prelude H22 half shaft and other parts. Those things are just about the only things you can use off other cars(Accord)
What year accord for cables and will the plate fit? Will a starter fit off an accord and what year?

·
Super Moderator
6,487 Posts

Next time, simply edit your post vs make a new thread.

As GFlo posted, there is information out there for those that want to find it.

Now on another note- i have a shifter assembly, clutch and brake pedal for a manual sitting around that i would be willing to part with. Just listed them on marketplace actually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts