Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been wanting to do a manual swap on my 92 SI for quite some time now....i may have no choice but to do it now. I tried searching and all i seem to find are swaps in 5th gens....i can only imagine things arnt too different but i figure id ask. What are the bare minimums i need to do a manual swap into my car... And (I know this is a pretty hard question to answer because the parts could all come at different prices) how much do you think it would run me?

Thanks for any and all help, i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
^ No Shit... wow... good reply.:sarcasm:

Now im not 100% sure on all the stuff you need, but search the site a bit, this topic has been discussed on here many times.
You'll find what you need, just SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH!
I sound like such a tool. haha

·
Registered
763 Posts
look at in sigs of 5th gen members such as RomPirate, Poet and some others.
im confident that it's very similar in a 4th gens. the shifter assembly and shift linkages are different for sure. ideally you'd find a totaled 4th gen for parts. some 94-97 accord parts might fit also.

·
Registered
201 Posts
those swaps can be around $300
You're kidding right? The used transmission itself is $200-400

If you're piecing it together you'll need close to a grand. It's recommended to get new slave master and clutch master cylinders and possibly a new clutch and flywheel while the tranny is out, depending on the condition of the used ones. Cheapest I've seen is this one: $650 + shipping, and you still need another $300'ish in parts to complete it..http://www.preludeonline.com/f30/fs-almost-everything-you-need-5spd-swap-239950/

·
Registered
186 Posts
You're kidding right? The used transmission itself is $200-400

If you're piecing it together you'll need close to a grand. It's recommended to get new slave master and clutch master cylinders and possibly a new clutch and flywheel while the tranny is out, depending on the condition of the used ones. Cheapest I've seen is this one: $650 + shipping, and you still need another $300'ish in parts to complete it..http://www.preludeonline.com/f30/fs-almost-everything-you-need-5spd-swap-239950/
lol where you buying your tranny from? you can get them here for $100

·
Registered
688 Posts
i did it when i did the h22 swap. it was pretty straight forward. few little issues i had but still pretty simple

1 - 10 of 10 Posts