Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from Honda tech - http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1275452

Should be linked more often. I just completed doing mine today, and while I was at it I learned some info about the surface mount resistor. The resistor RP13 that you move to spot RP14 is labeled 000, which (provided that Honda didn't do something funny with the resistors they ordered) indicates it has 0 resistance (little to no resistance). This means that the resistor on is nothing more than a jumper! So, if anyone were to accidentally lose the resistor during the process, you can do two things. 1) bridge the gap between the leads of RP14 with a small piece of wire or 2) bridge it with solder itself. Good luck to anyone trying this!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol expected you to chime in rom. The guidelines for reading those are as follows

first two numbers = resistance

third+fourth = number of zeros after resistance

IE a SM resistor marked 4703 would have a resistance of 47,000 ohms

·
Bearderator
8,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This means that the resistor on is nothing more than a jumper! So, if anyone were to accidentally lose the resistor during the process, you can do two things. 1) bridge the gap between the leads of RP14 with a small piece of wire or 2) bridge it with solder itself. Good luck to anyone trying this!
it's 0 Ohm just a jumper you can just put a strand of wire in it's place and take the jumper off ..

Is there an echo in here?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.