Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those who didnt notice the update there was a mistake on the procedures in the Helms on the section without the PGM tester be sure you update this..

Here is a link on the update that was found in TSB section from Preludepower Sticky.
(Thanks Preludepower.com)

http://www.members.shaw.ca/FifthGenTSB1/97-023.Service%20Manual%20Update%20-%20ATTS%20Service%20Procedures.pdf

Here are some tips on when you should reset ATTS:

-IF you have any DTC codes for Atts
-Body alignment (If you had a accident or if you want to be safe)
-Any suspension modification (sway bar, drop,etc)
-Steering alignment (Just Tires shop)
-New tires

Then Reset ATTS you should be okay after any of these adjustments
If you do any of this you should read the steps on Erasing DTCs to reset your ATTS

here you go ward

Happy Luding

·
Registered
435 Posts
I just wanted to know if this is equivalent to erasing the error codes with a computer like the little engine check stuff you get at autozone. I used the little OBD II machine to erase my error codes for ATTS because there is no actual problem I don't know why it's on along with engine check. So would this fix it?

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dhiraja said:
I just wanted to know if this is equivalent to erasing the error codes with a computer like the little engine check stuff you get at autozone. I used the little OBD II machine to erase my error codes for ATTS because there is no actual problem I don't know why it's on along with engine check. So would this fix it?
What kind of scanner are you using is it a PGM by Honda?

·
Registered
643 Posts
This is great info...I just had an accident and some alignment problems and wondered if the ATTS was affected or not. The light comes on and goes off normally upon startup, but I still worry now and again.

When you say "reset the ATTS" what steps in that Honda bulletin do you follow? Is it just erasing DTS codes or what?

Also, what is that little 2P thing that gets inserted and where exactly does it go? Does it come with the car already or what? I just looked by the ODB port on the lude and couldn't figure out what the picture was talking about...it's sorta vague.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
jrbhorn said:
This is great info...I just had an accident and some alignment problems and wondered if the ATTS was affected or not. The light comes on and goes off normally upon startup, but I still worry now and again.

When you say "reset the ATTS" what steps in that Honda bulletin do you follow? Is it just erasing DTS codes or what?

Also, what is that little 2P thing that gets inserted and where exactly does it go? Does it come with the car already or what? I just looked by the ODB port on the lude and couldn't figure out what the picture was talking about...it's sorta vague.
For your first question

ATTS will own you..

Your ATTS should be fine just make sure you do a body alignment..

In theory if it's off balance that's how you break your ankles
-Koby Bryant

-for the second question
I don't remember if the plug is blue or green but, it's cliped in there exactlly where the picture is showing. The 2p wire is just a jumper wire..

i tried the older version of the ATTS procedures and i had some issues.. The steering wheel was always unbalanced in highway/city had this funny feel to it like it had a mind of it's own. And it drove me crazy I even went to the body shop to get a body alingment, wheel alignment, and new tires and after all that nothing.. When i found the update I decided to try it out all I wanted to do was erase the DTC code and skiped Memorizing the steering angle sensor position and did a quick test run.. driving in the highway was ten times better belive me I was happy as hell I didnt have to rest my hand on 9 anymore little taps to adjust steering wheel was all I had to do on the highway after all this.. I just want to say Highway ramps :Rock: !!!!!!

jrbhorn said:

For your first question

ATTS will own you..

Your ATTS should be fine just make sure you do a body alignment..

In theory if it's off balance that's how you break your ankles
-Koby Bryant

-for the second question
I don't remember if the plug is blue or green but, it's cliped in there exactlly where the picture is showing. The 2p wire is just a jumper wire..

i tried the older version of the ATTS procedures and i had some issues.. The steering wheel was always unbalanced in highway/city And it drove me crazy I even went to the body shop to get it a body alingment (e.g. http://www.adamsautobody.com/facility.html), wheel alignment, and new tires and after all that nothing.. When i found the update I decided to try it out I skiped Memorizing the steering angle sensor position and did a quick test run driving in highway was ten times better I didnt have to rest my hand above nine anymore

ATTS :Rock: !!!!!!

·
Registered
643 Posts
Ricedadee said:

i tried the older version of the ATTS procedures and i had some issues.. The steering wheel was always unbalanced in highway/city And it drove me crazy I even went to the body shop to get it a body alingment (e.g. http://www.adamsautobody.com/facility.html), wheel alignment, and new tires and after all that nothing.. When i found the update I decided to try it out I skiped Memorizing the steering angle sensor position and did a quick test run driving in highway was ten times better I didnt have to rest my hand above nine anymore
OK, this sounds exactly like my car now. It feels like the neutral position of the wheel is a little to the right (like a half inch or less), and it came back from the shop with extensive alignment and suspension work done (even the engine beam/cradle was replaced...) No frame damage was done though, and the Honda collision shop said that it aligned fine after replacing the cradle (they wouldn't release the car to me for almost 2 months because it wouldn't align to factory spec and they had to order so many parts, so I trust they fixed the problem...). Maybe this whole DTS code thing might help a bit...

...NOW here's my question...I remember the blue colored plug that looks like what the jumper connector thing jumps...it's plugged into a port right next to the OBD. What I want to know is this...do you just take a piece of wire and insert it into both holes to jump it or what? Thanks for the help, I've been anxiously awaiting a response!

ATTS and j00 :Rock:

Ok, so I tried it out tonight and reset the DTCs (if any) for the ATTS...it's pretty easy to do. Used a piece of a plastic-coated paper clip and stripped the ends like stripping insulated wire to make a jumper. If anyone is interested I can take a picture of the connector to help clarify what the bulletin from Honda was talking about.

Side note, the ABS light will also come on when erasing the DTCs, and you have to turn the wheel to about 70 degrees to the right (or at least I did) to get the ATTS light to turn off. Thanks again OP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could somebody reupload this please?:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts