Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My radiator is leaking and has lost a whole strip of coil at the bottom and needs replaceing. Since ATTS means nothing to UK Honda over hear i need confirmation that the ATTS radiator is exactly the same as the Automatic transmission radiator as it has the extra cooling pipes at the bottom.

Am i correct?

Also is the radiator straight forward to replace like on normal Ludes. I replaced it on my 4th Gen 2.0i and it was very straightforward apart from bleeding the airlock which was a bitch.

(not sure if you lot get auto base models but im sure the 4th Gen radiators are exactly the same as the 5th and im sure you got auto 4th gens. Same rad as 5th Gen Type S????)

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guy i really need help on this.

What radiators fit the Type S/Type SH.
The current radiator is a Toyo radiator. What are the differences between the Toyo and the Denso. Visually i cant see any difference but they have different part numbers.

Will this radiator fit.
http://www.importrp.com/product.php?productid=48264&cat=67&page=1

Only difference i can see is the upper hose is moved from the centre to one side.

Any help please.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
SH and Auto are the same.

I run an SH, I will get a full aluminum radiator and get a seperate tranny cooler for the ATTS.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
yes both rad. are the same.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so the Auto and the ATTS rads are the same.

But what is the difference between the manual and the auto rads. I cannot see any visual difference. Even the ATTS cooling pips are on the manual rad except that are blocked off.

Does anyone know if the Koyo OEM rad will fit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts