Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed something kind of strange with the ATTS on my car.

Every once in a while I'll notice that if I park the car in certain positions with the wheel cranked over or if it's on an incline (side to side) when I drive the car will 'pull' like the ATTS is trying to work even though I'm just driving straight.

If I stop the car, straighten the wheel, make sure it's on a level surface, and completely turn off then turn on the car it will fix it.

I guess it's possible that the car has some sort of check for the various ATTS sensors on startup, but it seems unlikely that it would zero them based on how the car is when started.

It's not really a big deal, but I was just curious if anyone had any insight or had noticed anything like this before.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've noticed something kind of strange with the ATTS on my car.

Every once in a while I'll notice that if I park the car in certain positions with the wheel cranked over or if it's on an incline (side to side) when I drive the car will 'pull' like the ATTS is trying to work even though I'm just driving straight.

If I stop the car, straighten the wheel, make sure it's on a level surface, and completely turn off then turn on the car it will fix it.

I guess it's possible that the car has some sort of check for the various ATTS sensors on startup, but it seems unlikely that it would zero them based on how the car is when started.

It's not really a big deal, but I was just curious if anyone had any insight or had noticed anything like this before.
I'm not too familiar with the ATTS but I don't think it uses the way the car is on start for a reference, rather it has the steering wheel position sensors that it uses as a zero point I think? Which is why if you have a bad alignment or your steering wheel isn't properly centered you can get an ATTS code. There is also a lateral G sensor but I really don't know how it all comes into play.

I've never really experienced what you're talking about though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts