Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! It's my first topic and second post on the forum!

So, today I used an obd1 jumper to see the CEL (also atts+abs) codes. Check engine or abs light didnt blink, but ATTS did many times. So I counted them all and got these codes:

19 - Steering Angle Sensor (for some reason it skipped this code sometimes and repeated the 3 latter)
33 - MAP: Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor
35 - Reference Voltage
43 - ECM Communication Line

Can some of you prelude wizards tell me what is causing these issues? I would be very thankful! I'm a newbie when it comes to things like this. :)

Couple of weeks ago I saw my atts light on. I shut my car and started it again and the atts light went off. It was just this one time and havent seen it once afterwards.

I should note that my Lude burns a lot of oil and gas and it failed the HC emission test last time. Maybe it can explain something?

Sorry for my bad English.

Greetings from Finland!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Open up your service manual. Section 15-1 starts the portion on the ATTS, the procedures for troubleshooting all those codes are in that section. The way Honda outlined it makes it pretty easy to do... you'll need a multimeter.
Follow the procedures and post your results.

Good luck.

If you don't yet have the manual:
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438554&highlight=

This guy spent a lot of time hyperlinking the whole thing so it is incredibly easy to navigate.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Open up your service manual. Section 15-1 starts the portion on the ATTS, the procedures for troubleshooting all those codes are in that section. The way Honda outlined it makes it pretty easy to do... you'll need a multimeter.
Follow the procedures and post your results.

Good luck.

If you don't yet have the manual:
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=438554&highlight=

This guy spent a lot of time hyperlinking the whole thing so it is incredibly easy to navigate.
Thanks for the links bro.

I tried to erase the atts DTC but no luck. The manual tells to rotate the steering wheel right 45-90 degress etc. The problem is, even tho I turn the key to II position the streering wheel is still locked so I cant rotate it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts