Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a SH a few months a go.. but the power steering was messed up and the atts light was on.. when i went to the honda dealer ship they just want $93 for just hooking up their pc to the ecu and seeing whats wrong.. is there a way i can check what the error is with my ATTS. Also i've red somewhere i dunno where that on most of SH when you put bigger size rim then the stock rim, the ATTS messes up. ( currently with 18" 225/40/18 tires) and also when im driving under 20-15mph i hear noises when i move the steering wheel... power steering makes noises.. (some times when i drive it alot when i try to park or etc. the noise is gone but then it comes back) anyways the previous owner maybe tried to fix it because there is too much power steering fluid in the tube and i bet it's not HONDA power steering fluid.. any suggestions in my case, answers. Could the bigger rim mess up the ATTS and the power steering?

otherwise car runs fine..everything else is fine.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Bugger wheels could cause your problem. If you check put the faq up top youll find a link to helms book; there is also a brake down in there.

I would pull the code too see were to start and try to recalabrate stearing wheel angel. Read Ch15 too get a better understanding of the unit.

As for the noise; is it a clicking sound and only happen when it's hot out. That could be caused by the heat sheald.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
61-7 repair open wire between the ATTS control unit and ATTS unit sub harness 14P connector. Also its on the left and has a prob with Oil pressure sensor.

Look at page 15-49 in the book.

For 71-9 it's stearing wheel angel sensers. Check the voltage and try recalabrating the angel.
^page 15-52

For memorizing angel 15-61

1 - 6 of 6 Posts