Honda Prelude Forum banner
181 - 200 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Why? Either delete it or use it. If you don't delete it, its not good to turn it on and off. If you delete it you will get used to not having it after a month.
At full speed you do not need the steering assist; frankly, they are suppose to be setup so the faster you go the less assist there is. Using the Spyder mr2 pump, which he is, it comes with the assist sensor, as he already mentioned, using the older MR2 pumps, like I am, one needs to run them to a pressure switch, like the preludes already come.

Having the steering hooked up to an on or off switch works, as Wing has done(without issues mind you), so there are options there, but I can say that not having PS can be a bitch when trying to parallel park or put the car onto the dyno.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 · (Edited)
Why? Either delete it or use it. If you don't delete it, its not good to turn it on and off. If you delete it you will get used to not having it after a month.
I deleted it once and didnt liked it...

The mrs pump still provide an assist at high speed like the prelude one, but just less.

Even track cars keep the PS because its much easier to drive around corners and if you dont have it, after a few laps your arms are dead and thats where it gets tricky

All the power to you if you like it, but tbh people do it because it cleans up the bay

Having the tucked look annnd steering assist imo is a better option!

But to each their own, if you prefer having no ps im cool with that!

·
Back 2 Hackin
4,375 Posts
I deleted it once and didnt liked it...

The mrs pump still provide an assist at high speed like the prelude one, but just less.

Even track cars keep the PS because its much easier to drive around corners and if you dont have it, after a few laps your arms are dead and thats where it gets tricky

All the power to you if you like it, but tbh people do it because it cleans up the bay

Having the tucked look annnd steering assist imo is a better option!

But to each their own, if you prefer having no ps im cool with that!
I have power steering in my current lude, I deleted it out the other one because it was for track.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #187 ·
Mr. CR Kai!! Looking good like always! Awesome idea on the EPS and splicing it into the VSS. Keep us posted! :)
thanks mannn! I will be installing this bad boy next spring along with my new engine swap...:smilejap:

I will probably just wire it with an on/off switch at first since I will have a tooon of other stuff to deal with...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Sooooo...After a long while thinking about it.

I finaly set my mind and...bought a K24 engine.

After checking engines in over 8 JDM shops around Montreal, I finaly found one that suited my taste

Looked minty under the valve cover and no leaks anywhere. Also since all jdm K24 have the label K24A, you have to take your time to identify which ones have true vtec and those that dont!

Looking though the VC for those 3 cam lobes seemed to be the best way:lol:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Damn, ghetto haul the motor but save $ lol

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
You bought a k24a2 correct?

There are onpy three i motors that have the true three lobe vtec, the k20a2, the k24a2 and the k20z3, the rest of them have a fake vtec that uses a two lobe cam.

K24a2 or bust!

·
Registered
549 Posts
damn wheres update?! lol

·
Registered
591 Posts
damn wheres update?! lol
Yeah, no shit. I know you're in the "Great White North," Apexmen, but you've no excuse to not have the "Winter" build completed by now... :D

181 - 200 of 228 Posts