Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
zelseman said:
if it wasnt rusted what would u recomend?>
grind out all the rust and get about 2 gallons of bondo!

or you could just get a new panel

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
If you want to just push the dent back to semi normal shape, I would take a rubber mallet and hit it back from the inside of the trunk. Take down the carpet in the trunk and you should see where your bent quarter is.

·
Registered
53 Posts
How about smaller hail dents. My whole car is littered with these tiny dents. I would like to get my body as straight as possible...

·
Premium Member
846 Posts
dent? thats a crater! holy shit. i am surprised it even held up with that rust...i would get a new 1/4 pannel or cut one of of the junkyard. she is bad....

as for the hail damage. just sand over them. fill with bondo. then u will need a guide coat of like a black primer and hit her til shes mint

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
it'll buff out

·
Registered
53 Posts
deiz91si said:
dent? thats a crater! holy shit. i am surprised it even held up with that rust...i would get a new 1/4 pannel or cut one of of the junkyard. she is bad....

as for the hail damage. just sand over them. fill with bondo. then u will need a guide coat of like a black primer and hit her til shes mint
Bondo? Man, that sucks. I dont think it is worth it. Why would I use a black primer?

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
u use the primer to see if the dent is level or not, if the primer is still there, then the dent isnt filled in. First, you need to find a dent puller, or a form of getting the dent up. Dont be dumb like many bondo loving maniacs out there. Bondo isnt used to actually fill in dents and stuff, its meant to help level out the dent. Most people see a hole somewhere and they assume that bondo will fill it just fine, when its not even really meant for that. Pull the dent as much as you can, then go search for write ups to filling dents.

·
::Decepticon make-over::
661 Posts
Borrow the gem of cytorak from the juggernaut???

(sorry if my info has no nutrional value, but looking at the dent, the quarterpanel is the best choice.)

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
they are weld on, i havent seen a bolt on rear quarter, but itd be luxury to get off compared to a weld on

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
preludegofast13 said:
If you want to just push the dent back to semi normal shape, I would take a rubber mallet and hit it back from the inside of the trunk.
yea... a 2x4 or 4x4 also works as a pretty good punch (its a two man job). use it so you dont have the get in the trunk to bang it out. it also allows the use of sledge hammers :)

the wood end can also be cut and formed to get into tight spots and whatnot.

ChiroLude said:
How about smaller hail dents. My whole car is littered with these tiny dents. I would like to get my body as straight as possible...
paintless dent removal is great on that stuff but expensive.

maybe pay to get a few out then save up to get more removed.

bondo works better if your painting the whole car afterwards.

·
Registered
53 Posts
CADster said:
paintless dent removal is great on that stuff but expensive.

maybe pay to get a few out then save up to get more removed.

bondo works better if your painting the whole car afterwards.
Yeah, I heard it is expensive. maybe I will just have to go to a place and get a quote and get it done in sections like the roof, then the trunk and then the hood or something like that...

·
Registered
856 Posts
Well to make the best of it without spending a lot do as follows. This will take two people. You need someone to hold a big bag of sand over the outside of the dent and lean into it. Maybe this will take more than two people. Sand is pretty heavy. Anyway I think you get the idea. The sand or any other similar held on the outside of the dent will make it easier to pound it out. It will kinda limit the amount you pound it out and it will help maintain the original contour.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can pound it out, get a new panel(Best Option), get a dent puller, fill it with bondo, or you could pull the bumper and plastic parts in the tire well and see just how bad it actually is.

Then after doing that you can make a more informed decision about the correct repair. Just my two cents. Not worth much more.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts