Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this in the 5th gen forum instead of the For Sale\WTB forum because this is a 5th gen specific piece, and more people look at the 5G forums than the For Sale forum. So mods, PLEASE don't move.

I need the adapter piece that goes between the cat and the B-pipe. It is not used on the SH, but is necessary for the Base. I just bought an EVO 1 and need this piece.
If somebody has it, please post or PM me with your asking price. I could also use any gaskets you didn't use. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just go to a muffler shop and ask then to weld a piece in between :p
I have called around. Nobody wants to make the piece. The shops that will make it aren't being straightforeward with me on what it will cost (not even a rough estimate) And the other shops that won't make it, want to cut into my b-pipe and lengthen it. After my last experience with a muffler shop, I'm not too inclined to go that route. I want the adapter piece so that I can just buy gaskets and mount this exhaust up by myself in my garage.

My last muffler shop experience was a nightmare. I went to a Midas that a co-worker recommended, and dropped his name to get a price hook up....I wanted to have an axleback section made with this universal twin loop muffler, complete with a flange, so I could swap it back out for my stock muffler if I didn't like it. Well, after a bullshit explanation of how the stock flange on my B-pipe was too rusted to bolt back up to, they hacked apart my b-pipe, welded the universal muffler on, and hung it sideways because the inlet was on the top edge of the end of the canister instead of the bottom, and hanging it correctly, the piping would've "hit my swaybar" So almost the whole canister is visible, instead of just the tip.
AND THAT'S WHY I DON"T WANT TO JUST CALL A MUFFLER SHOP. I don't trust these fuckers to not just chop and weld a $600 exhaust system to pieces while I'm waiting in the lobby. You don't understand, the work most exhaust shops do is real ugly, shitty welds. They figure most people don't get under their cars, because if you did, you wouldn't be needing to take it to a shop.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
hey i hope you find it man. check with slowmo too if you cant find anyone, i would trust them anyday with our cars. they love ohpoc

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Just weld them together... if u dont like it, it is 20 bucks to get cut and another put in...
Want a good shop. Find a little ass shop. With a mexican working owner. When it comes to mexicans, those fuckers are good for 3 things. Jobs we dont do, Tacos, and body work/welding. Oh and having 50 kids, but lets not go there...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey i hope you find it man. check with slowmo too if you cant find anyone, i would trust them anyday with our cars. they love ohpoc
I think contractkiller has one. I'm waiting on his response. But yeah, SloMo loves OHPOC, except when we tried to dyno the Buick Roadmaster wagon (Griswald). LOL That one guy with the punky hair and the facial piercings was sooooooooooo pissed.:mad2:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I believe I have the piece you are looking for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts