Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about getting some nice aftermarket taillights that aren’t over-the-top, but all I can find is those same “smoked-euro” taillights again and again. Suggestions and links appreciated!

·
Opinionated Bastard
10,293 Posts
Save your time and money, any of the aftermarket brands are junk. They all leak water, fog up from the UV protective clear coat failing, fit like garbage, and their light output is generally considered awful.

There isn't much aftermarket support for these cars, so your options are very limited. You can always tint your existing stock tail lights, or retrofit them with LED's, but generally speaking... Sometimes the OE stuff is best.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Spec d tuning has some decent looking factory replicas for $106.75 and then you can purchase some Honda taillight gaskets to make sure they seal properly. I've used Sped-D tuning headlight assemblies for my retrofit 2007 Ford F350 DRW 6.0l with good results. If the taillight lens has any issues they will replace or you could reseal yourself. In the past I've had luck using my heat gun to help seal the assembly nicely. No lens removal, just heat up the sealing area and apply pressure evenly.
Save your time and money, any of the aftermarket brands are junk. They all leak water, fog up from the UV protective clear coat failing, fit like garbage, and their light output is generally considered awful.

There isn't much aftermarket support for these cars, so your options are very limited. You can always tint your existing stock tail lights, or retrofit them with LED's, but generally speaking... Sometimes the OE stuff is best.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts