Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any intrest in group buy for Throttle bodies

I was reading max bore's site and it say if you get a group togeather he will give us a better price not buy much but every little thing helps
I would be willing so set something up with anyone who is intrested
PM me and let me know
AWS LUDE
p.s. i have email'd me him to get canadian pricing for a group buy

·
Registered
750 Posts
this is good cause i got my TB today im 100000000% in i got cash in hand so that brings the price down to i think 97 dollars i was reading. for sure im keeping in contact. Your in canda right were abouts?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
yeah i am in vancouver so any more intrest lets get it down a little lower
AWS LUDE
ps he said that he would do the man. too so let me know if you want to get that done

·
Registered
750 Posts
hes talking in terms of the upper plenum where the TB bolts to right? ya i have to get that done thats like taking a shit and not wiping.

i thought you were close to toronto that would be sweet cause then we could just ship it from one central location. a group buy here requires us to pay extra shipping. unless one person pays for shipping one way and the other pays the other way that way its even steven for all of us.

but ya im seriously down

WE NEED MORE PPL STAT FOR THIS COMMON PPL its soooooooooo cheap.

·
Registered
435 Posts
^^ and help get rid of the bottle neck of our intake system... see if he can do 60mm, i think that size would be a decent upgrade. does anyone know if he does elliptical throttle plates? or circular ones??

·
Registered
840 Posts
i got 2 throddle bodies laying around from my b21s im up for it, plus i might take off the whole intake manifold port and polish it some then throw a nylon gasket on there :grin:

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Could you run a 58mm bored TB with the stock intake setup? What else needs to be changed for this to actually be effective.

·
Registered
750 Posts
nothing. Its effective right from the get go.

How many ppl are serious here? also how many want the hole bored in the intake mainifold were the TB bolts to?
i think 60mm is the best size to go with.
If you dont have a TB then go to the scrap yard and get one along with the upper plenum. (the part that sits on top of the butterflies. I got mine for $49 CAD i ripped off all the sensors other than the TPS

we need serious ppl. tell us if your serious.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok i talk to the guy at the wreckers and he said he would sell me the whole intake man. for like 75 bucks so it is not bad to have a spare
any ways.
But to get back to this it does good for your car by if you r going to do any mods everything helps!!!!better air, better breathing, simple as that you can't breath, you choke and after a while you just stop breathing cause you get all clogged up get what i am saying.
anyone who is really intrested then let me know
it will probley be like an extra 10 bucks for shipping i got something setup for cheep back to the ppl that send it to me pm

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,349 Posts
I'm interested. I'm still waiting for my stupid spare throttle body from some guy on this site. I'm going to snap his asshole if I don't get it before this raunchy group buy goes on. Yargh. I guess if it comes down to it, I can just take the throttle body off my car and use that one, but who wants to do that!?

--J

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
i may be in, i could use some extra power for my lude. Are there any dyno results for the manifold+throttle body? I'd be really interested if there were some really good gains, and wouldnt it be good to bore the lower part too?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah there is some good gains about 5 hp with spacer but you have to get some one to make that for you. You have to get your own dyno to prove this but hey everylittle bit helps right so hammer it out and get back to me
AWS LUDE

·
Registered
840 Posts
wtf u need the upper plenum too??????
well i gotta go find one at teh local junk yard then but otherwise im oficially in.

-whats the official price to bore the TB and Plenum to (60mm?)?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Is boring the TB all you need for a HP increase? Or do we need to get some TB spacers custom made. Does a bored TB work well on the stock intake setup? Anything else that needs to be done to the car?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I bought a JG Edelbrock throttle body i planned to install but haven't yet,.. at this point I'll wait and hopefully use it for my turbo setup

its supposed to be 1 of 100 out there.

I don't remember the bore,..

I bought mine for about $99 plus shipping,.. how much are yours?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
you will probably need to get both done for the max hp cause if you don't do the manifold then it will kinda give you an obstruction and my point of view unless you wanna try doing something else like match it yourself with some grinding stones it would be pointless
as for the price still waiting for all the ppl that want to do it so anyone really intrested pm me so i can figure it out but i think from what it looks like we might get them for $85 right now i will be able to give you a better figure when everyone lets me know i think we should try and do this for the next 2 weeks then i want to cut off give me your 2 cents and let me know when you guys want to do this for

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
PreLudePilot-X said:
I bought a JG Edelbrock throttle body
for the b20/21 ?

never heard of this. its for the accord and works on ours or something ?

brentm said:
Is boring the TB all you need for a HP increase?
kinda.. its part of the intake.

the more air in the better.
more fuel goes with it of course.

more air+more fuel=more h.p
an engine is a pump

the more air out the better.
(exhaust)

and you have a damn sharp lude. i like those honda wheels far better then the over-popular fat-5.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Honestly, I think I may be up for this....providing I can find a spare throttle body from somewhere... Eventually I will get find a TB spacer or get one made, and upgrade my intake system.

Thanks for the compliments on my lude, I wanna eventually go for the stock look/sleeper.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts