Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust is torn to shreds, full of leaks and doesn't even really fit and also sounds atrocious. I want to replace the whole thing all the way up to the headers but all I can find are cat-backs. I don't personally have a cat (and don't want to spend a couple hundred on one), so I'm just hoping to find a full header back with a test pipe (or I could probably just reuse mine. So I was hoping somebody could tell me if they know of a good header-back. If not I'd also appreciate being told what parts I'd need to run a cat-back and connect it to my headers because I do not well know exhaust parts all that well.
Thanks.

·
Administrator
6,798 Posts
You will be stressed to find any header-back exhausts. All exhausts are cat-back unless they mention including a converter.

It's not legal to sell a system from the header back without a converter. Tests pipes are not legal as it is removing an emissions device. I only mention this because the aftermarket industry is being hit pretty hard with stop sale of emissions delete devices such as test pipes/cat delete exhausts and headers. So your options are a cat-back system and converter, or have an exhaust shop build you something.

I personally like the Invidia q300

·
Registered
1993 Prelude Si VTEC
120 Posts
My exhaust is torn to shreds, full of leaks and doesn't even really fit and also sounds atrocious. I want to replace the whole thing all the way up to the headers but all I can find are cat-backs. I don't personally have a cat (and don't want to spend a couple hundred on one), so I'm just hoping to find a full header back with a test pipe (or I could probably just reuse mine. So I was hoping somebody could tell me if they know of a good header-back. If not I'd also appreciate being told what parts I'd need to run a cat-back and connect it to my headers because I do not well know exhaust parts all that well.
Thanks.
Go custom. I bought a Kteller stainless "cat back" which is just the piping pre bent with hangers etc. I put a Vibrant resonator in place of the cat and then a Vibrant muffler. Had a Shop weld it up. No emissions in my state for cars over 20 years old.

Here is a 2.5 stainless for your car. Then add ur test pipe and whatever muffler you want.

BTW a 2.5 high flow cat is pretty cheap anyway if you wanna stay legal and will flow as good as a test pipe on a N/A car IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts