Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hehe, i love it when a young person (16-24) rolls up on me in a WS6, or Z28 or Mustang Gt, and all they have done is exhaust, intake, chip, etc..

I let off the gas at the top of 3rd gear with a bus-length between us.

Normally i wouldn't post about this. But this guy started acting a fool. He gave me a ricer flyby when i slowed down to give him a thumbs up. Then he did a big nasty tire smoking u-turn. I guess he was pissed. LOL Kids. I'm not sure his age but he looked early early 20's wearing a trucker hat cocked to the side. Poor kid, he didn't give me a chance to tell him what he was up against.

I usually try and talk to the guys afterwards to tell them what i have done. After they hear my mods, they usually understand why they lost.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I cant wait to get into races like that.... If I were racing against myself or you and got my ass handed to me I would be graceful about it and want to pull over and chat, not be a dick and piss and moan about it.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
search DAMMIT!!!

tony is a legend in this community.
he has a 3rd gen with a personality complex.
his car thinks its a rocket... and it is.

watch his vids... thay are at the bottom of his sig

everyone knows what he is running
(except some SS fool who would get own3d by him ...lalalalala)

just playing hard with ya ... nothing personal and nothing against your SS M6 ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
CADster said:
search DAMMIT!!!

tony is a legend in this community.
he has a 3rd gen with a personality complex.
his car thinks its a rocket... and it is.

watch his vids... thay are at the bottom of his sig

everyone knows what he is running
(except some SS fool who would get own3d by him ...lalalalala)

just playing hard with ya ... nothing personal and nothing against your SS M6 ;)
No offense taken. Is the third gen the 85 or 86 - 2000? Not sure of the years, But i'm thinking it began in 85 or 86. That's the one I learned how to drive a manual.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Good kill, one of the rare 'ludes that I will belive when they say they killed an LS1 :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Guy deseved it anyway LOL. I NEVER just pull up on a car and think I got the shiznat. Hell, most people hear my exhaust and back off anyways not knowing the car has never been heavily modded.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
N/Apower said:
Good kill, one of the rare 'ludes that I will belive when they say they killed an LS1 :)
you believe ... thats nice, but i know.
he has several videos showing him taking down 500+ hp cars.

2 Fasst ss said:
No offense taken. Is the third gen the 85 or 86 - 2000? Not sure of the years, But i'm thinking it began in 85 or 86. That's the one I learned how to drive a manual.
1986 - 2nd gen

1988-1991 are the 3rd gen years.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I get the same response most of the time SS. They hear cam lope and see new paint and a cowl hood and step back usually.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
well that fluff will get you nowhere here in north alabama.

plenty will run ya.

why do you think alabama is called the hammer state ?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I saw his vids and yeah, im sure plenty of ppl will race me, im pretty slow in the scheme of things.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm just confused. There are so many roads to take... I have a closet full of parts going "What should I do???" Pisses me off sometimes. By this summer something is going to go down though.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Dart 225 heads, Comp custom ground cam, Pacesetter LT's, a good tune, and you SHOULD be nearing the 450whp mark there SS.

(Dart 225's flow just as well as AFR and cost half as much) 310 cfm intake...

·
Registered
160 Posts
That sounds nice, but I'm trying to take the sneak approach. Don't know how, but that's what I would like. Lately that STS turbo has been lingering in my mind. Almost bought it already, but got cold feet.

·
Registered
848 Posts
STS cars run ok, I would say go for it. but a BOV is kinda hard to hide, however its AWESOME to hear coming from a domestic :) I plan at some point after becoming a CRNA to purchase a Viper and add a TT setup from Hefner or Hennessey. Ahhhh, the PFSssstttt shuttttttssswhtttttsttttt coming from a cammed viper will be be awesome. I wont need to spend so much $$ on jergins, i can just go sit in and rev it :)

·
Registered
568 Posts
Just recirculate whatever BOV(s) you get. They won't be dead silent, but in a world where everyone is used to hearing the things from a 1/4 mile away it would be relatively stealthy. The only time you'll really hear it that way is if you're shifting at wot. It worked for my RX7. The ricers would just see an old car without hearing the turbo until I'm flying past them.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
N/Apower said:
I saw his vids and yeah, im sure plenty of ppl will race me, im pretty slow in the scheme of things.
not as slow as my lude.

most of my friends, old buddies and whatnot are all old skool.
they think im crazy doing this to a lude. they just slowly
shake there head and look away as they walk to thier chevelles, novas, camaros, vettes, stangs (both new and old) etc.

strangly, only my busa buddy nods with intrest.
rains a bit down here and gets cold in the winter is why ;)

2ZZ13BT said:
Just recirculate whatever BOV(s) you get. They won't be dead silent, but in a world where everyone is used to hearing the things from a 1/4 mile away it would be relatively stealthy. The only time you'll really hear it that way is if you're shifting at wot. It worked for my RX7. The ricers would just see an old car without hearing the turbo until I'm flying past them.
yea. thats what i want. i hate the TFTF air blast sound.

·
Registered
160 Posts
N/Apower said:
STS cars run ok, I would say go for it. but a BOV is kinda hard to hide, however its AWESOME to hear coming from a domestic :) I plan at some point after becoming a CRNA to purchase a Viper and add a TT setup from Hefner or Hennessey. Ahhhh, the PFSssstttt shuttttttssswhtttttsttttt coming from a cammed viper will be be awesome. I wont need to spend so much $$ on jergins, i can just go sit in and rev it :)

Oh my god, just hearing that will make me pee in my pants...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts