Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car wont let me shift into gear no matter how many times i pump the clutch or how hard i try to force it in. The clutch pedal feels dead until about half way down where it gets pressure. The fluid levels are good in both the master and slave and i cant see anything leaking from either cylinder. But i was looking in my friends driveway because im kind of stuck at his house now. The clutch is not even two years old and i replaced both the master and slave cylinders not even six moths ago. What else can i check or do to at least get my car in gear and get home?
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
so its soft until the pedal is near the floor?

Sounds like an air bubble in the line between the master and slave. What I did was grab a small hose and attach it to the nipple on the slave cylinder. (I would use a clear one, as you can seee when the bubbles go out :D) Put the other end pointing into reservoir of the master cylinder. Open up the nipple and Pump and pump and pump. It might take a while but the great thing is that you dont have to keep wasting the fluid cause its going right into the reservoir :D Once the bubbles get out and you see them going through the hose, the pedal will become nice and firm. Tighten the nipple.

Worked for me!

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Try rolling it then pushing the clutch and getting it into gear.

It might be your throw out bearing.

Are you sure your not low on tranny fluid?

EDIT: do the above first.

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the levels and they werent low. If i can just get into gear i can at least baby her home and try to fix the problem. Thanks fastlude ill try that.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
7,106 Posts
Thats practically how i have to do mine right now cuz my throw out bearing is going out.

It was squealing from the get cuz i did something stupid when i swapped out trannies.

Then i didnt a 2nd gear burn out not to long ago and that really didnt help the situation. I smelt clutch afterwards. No its hard to get in all the gears. So i'll be replacing my clutch really soon.

·
iamNOTerator
5,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So yeah i just got home and i took a better look in my garage. Theses tranny fluid leaking out from my master cylinder, which is retarded because i checked my records and i had it replaced august 4th 08. The shop must have used some cheap knock off part
Posted via Mobile

1 - 7 of 7 Posts