Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i searched and cant come up with a straight answer, i have abs code 3-4
one list says "right rear rotor damage", one says "right rear pulser" another says "right rear abs sensor" and yet another says "right rear wheel sensor" the only constant is right rear lol

so what is abs code 3-4 for a 96 prelude si

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody knows?
autozone says code 3-4 is a solonoid
chilten says its a pulser
honda-tech says its a wheel sensor
where do i start

drive car for a few hundred feet and hear relays fluttering behind glovebox they keep fluttering for like 30 seconds then click abs light comes on and stays until i shut car off and it all happens over again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is some solution of this problem? I have the same trouble code (Prelude IV ABS code 3-4).
Rear pulsers are optical right. I meassured voltage signal with oscilloscope on all wheel drive sensors-it's right too. I tryed change ABS ECU without succes. All tyres are the same size.
Thanks for answer.

·
Registered
382 Posts
It's a code for the rear pulser sensors, since the rear are modulated together there is no real way to know which side without the ALB checker which only the dealership has.

Make sure the rings are still there and in tact, other than that you can either pay the dealer to diag and replace the faulty sensor or you can shotgun it and just buy both never knowing which is really bad.

One thing you can look at but it's HIGHLY UNLIKELY is the gap between the ring and the sensor, gap should be 0.4mm-1.0mm, if it isn't right a bent knuckle would be to blame. Also, make sure all the teeth are on the rings and not damaged.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts