Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here know where to get AMBER turnsignals, instead of the clear ones?
i checked ebay but didnt find any

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
i want the amber ones as well, don't like the clear ones anymore,lol
i might amber out the clears if i can't find any body to trade wit

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah.. im talking about for the front bumper, the ones that go above the foglights

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
Are you talking about the OEM ones? If so, there are replica ones on eBay:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=prelude+turn+signals&category0=

But personally I'd recommend that you just shell out the extra $25-$30 and get the genuine Honda signals. They are made better with higher quality materials, won't break/chip/fade as quickly as the eBay replicas and they will fit much better. Link to the genuine Honda signals:
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=PRELUDE&catcgry2=1998&catcgry3=2DR+TYPESH&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=COMBINATION+LIGHT

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i was hoping some one knew of an all amber signal, kinda like the popular integra ones.

·
Registered
40 Posts
My first "mod" if that is what you want to call it, was to paint the front turn signals amber (to match the side ones). If I got with JDM fogs in the future, I will paint the top ones yellow as well, but for now this looks good.

I got a special "transparent orange" paint available from model plane hobby shops. IT was about $10 for a little spray tin. Before I sprayed the front turn signals, I made sure they were super clean. To do this I started with a paint compound (menzerna powergloss). It's a harsh paint compound used for removing wetsand marks on vehicle paint. I used this in conjuction with a rotary buffer on a 4" spot pad. The result is it level a lot of defects in the plastic, clearing it up. After this, I followed up with some "Plastx" on another 4" spotpad to remove the compounding haze, and restore a night gloss and smooth finish.

Lastly, before I sprayed, I wiped it down with an IPA mix (50/50 ipa/water) to remove any oils or conaminents left by the polishes. Masked the lights, and started spraying.

The result is the first couple coats left it yellow looking. You have to do about 3 coats before it looks orange..

Here are some pics.

Last edited by mcnab : 03-15-2008 at 08:46 PM.

i found this write up one night and am just waiting on the paint to show up to do mine

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Here are the Honda part # for the frt turn signal lamps
33301-S30-003 Lamp, R. $34.68
33351-S30-003 Lamp, L. $34.68

http://www.slhondaparts.com

SanLeandro Honda is in CA north of SanFran/Oakland area. They sell all Honda OEM parts for 20% off of list price.

·
Premium Member
3,935 Posts
My first "mod" if that is what you want to call it, was to paint the front turn signals amber (to match the side ones). If I got with JDM fogs in the future, I will paint the top ones yellow as well, but for now this looks good.

I got a special "transparent orange" paint available from model plane hobby shops. IT was about $10 for a little spray tin. Before I sprayed the front turn signals, I made sure they were super clean. To do this I started with a paint compound (menzerna powergloss). It's a harsh paint compound used for removing wetsand marks on vehicle paint. I used this in conjuction with a rotary buffer on a 4" spot pad. The result is it level a lot of defects in the plastic, clearing it up. After this, I followed up with some "Plastx" on another 4" spotpad to remove the compounding haze, and restore a night gloss and smooth finish.

Lastly, before I sprayed, I wiped it down with an IPA mix (50/50 ipa/water) to remove any oils or conaminents left by the polishes. Masked the lights, and started spraying.

The result is the first couple coats left it yellow looking. You have to do about 3 coats before it looks orange..

Here are some pics.

Dammit, you beat me to it.lol

I was just going to say paint them too.

You might want to put a coat of clear over the amber coat. just to protect the paint.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome +1 to you man!
That's the exact clean as hell look i love about the tegs that i can now do to my (also black) lude.

I went to Walmart to look for transparent paint and did see any, i guess ill try our hobby stores

·
Registered
2,558 Posts

Here are some pics.

Last edited by mcnab : 03-15-2008 at 08:46 PM.

i found this write up one night and am just waiting on the paint to show up to do mine
looks good

1 - 17 of 17 Posts