Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, So I got my head back from the machinist today, as I was looking it over I noticed a allen head bolt in the center of the head just above the 2nd and 3rd cylinder intake ports. It looks like it's a plug comming right off the oil feed for the cams. I think it would make a really easy place to tap in for turbo feed or Oil pressure guage. BTW this is a 3gp JDM B20A.. does anyone do it like this?? It was my understanding that the common way to do it was to tee off of the oil pressure sensor.. but this looks like it's in the same line, just down stream a little..

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
no, do not ever remove any of those allen plugs to use as a feed to a turbo or a guage or anything else at all. the block has a restrictor plug in the oil port that supplies the head so that it gets a specific volume and pressure of oil. if you use a port in the head to feed a turbo or anything else, it will starve the head of oil damaging the head, and it wont be enough oil for the turbo also frying the turbo. and because the heads oil supply is restricted, a guage would be pointless because it wouldnt read engine oil pressure, it would be reading head oil pressure

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, I kinda figured something like that.. I wonder why it's there then.. I bet it's to plug a hole they could only drill from the outside during the machining process.

·
Registered
482 Posts
that heads lookin fresh... what he ported and polished it for ya?? yea frmo what i understand the only way really is to tapp into the oil pan am i rite?? for the oil feed to the turbo.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
that heads lookin fresh... what he ported and polished it for ya?? yea frmo what i understand the only way really is to tapp into the oil pan am i rite?? for the oil feed to the turbo.
no. the turbo oil feed has to come from the main oil supply after the oil pump. aka near the oil filter.
the turbo oil drain line is what connects to the oil pan, after the oil passes from the feed to the turbo and through the turbo, it has to go somewhere, so you have it go to the oil pan to drain out and get recirculated lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts