Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok take a look at the following picture...

you can see where the designated U-turn spot is.. basically its that big blank spot TO HIS LEFT, RIGHT AFTER THE TURN LANE INTO THE MEDIAN. basically right where the U-TURN SIGN IS. keep in mind the turn lane is NOT TO SCALE. so there IS enough room to stop from 55mph and stay in the designated u-turn spot.

keep in mind that this guy look like he was 16 and JUST got his license. ok now naturally because he is in the location he was in i thought he was making a left turn onto the street i was on. well he was sitting there longer then i was and i was there for at least 3 minutes. and im looking to cross traffic to make a left turn. i dont think the whole time i was there that he even knew i was there.

well traffic clears just enough for me to gun it right quick and stop in the median JUST to his left and wait for traffic to clear again. well as i go he decides to go too. he wasnt even looking at me. he was looking at the truck that was barreling down the road towards him making sure he had enough room. then last second he suddenly turns and sees me and slams the breaks as im already stopped and searching for reverse. we were probably within inches of eachother.. i hit reverse and gun it back to where i am in that pic again.

so there he is stopped right infront of me in the process of his U-turn and of corse the speedlimit on this street is 45 but no one does under 55. so the truck slams on his breaks smoke everywhere. luckly no one was too close behind the truck otherwise there would have been a pileup. so he goes and takes off and then the truck goes and well there starts another 3 minute wait before i finally get my chance to get out of there.. luckly this time there wasnt anyone making a U-turn.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Huh, I'm a little confused. You knew for sure he was going to make a left turn, but he was taking too long so you decided to go? And at the same time he went w/o him noticing you right? And according to the drawing, was he realy a distance from the median or is it an exageration?

Either way sounded like a close call, glad you didn't wreck the Lude, i can only imagine what it would've been like to be inches from another car in the middle of the road. :crazy:

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
being the distance from the median has nothing to do with this... his intnetions was to make a U-turn he came from the right and moved into the median to make the u-turn but he was in the wrong spot so naturally i just thought he was making a left turn. he was basically makine a 45 degree turn from where he is in the pic to go into the street that im leaving. it wasnt so much that he was taking too long.. there was no room for him to go there was a crap load of traffic its 5pm and its rush hour..
edit: ok look at this pic.

it shows the exact stopping points we were at.. you can also see if he was in the designated U-turn spot this would have NEVER happened. he was in the designated LEFT turn spot.
Prelude85 said:
Huh, I'm a little confused. You knew for sure he was going to make a left turn, but he was taking too long so you decided to go? And at the same time he went w/o him noticing you right? And according to the drawing, was he realy a distance from the median or is it an exageration?

Either way sounded like a close call, glad you didn't wreck the Lude, i can only imagine what it would've been like to be inches from another car in the middle of the road. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
ah, i see. I hate young drivers . . .:sarcasm:

·
Registered
8,088 Posts
haha i love the drawings....i understood what happened in the first place cuz i have a very creative mind and i can plot out and visualize things in my head almost liek a dream.....

comes in handy sometimes.

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ToxxicLuder90 said:
haha i love the drawings....i understood what happened in the first place cuz i have a very creative mind and i can plot out and visualize things in my head almost liek a dream.....

comes in handy sometimes.
lol yea i can sometmes but i know how uncreative some peoples minds are so i figured i help them out... no offense to anyone.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I fuggin hate bad drivers to death. I swear they piss me off the most. I almost got into an accident today b/c of some retarded girl. Im at work so I can't be as "creative" as Ludeacris lol. Anyways, picture a 3 way intersection(looks like a T). Im on the bottom going to turn left and this 94-96 accord coming from the left(they must have it out for us) slams on their brakes and starts cursing at me like it was my fault when i had the right away. Dumb broad:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
148 Posts
..i dont understand how some ppl get their DL.. wth do they test now a days.. noone knows how to look in their mirrors, turn on their blinkers, everyone keeps their lights on during the daytime, ppl always stare at something toher then the car infront of them.. they never notice a BIG obvious traffic jam infront of them, etc etc.. there should be a list

·
Registered
148 Posts
if u wana see bad drivers come to orlando, they have more violant drivers that look like they have never seen a road before.. actually it's more violant then CA n NYC

·
Registered
148 Posts
heh i know.. i often dream of a no headlights in daytime world.. but my dreams are crazy

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Why would you want no headlights during the day? I believe it's been proven as hard fact that when everyone has their lights on at ALL times, there are less accidents because everyone can see each other much much much much much better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts