Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I live in Chicago were mother nature has no mercy on our winters and snow, Im currently running 215/45/17 Michelin Pilot Mxm which i believe is a all season tire and sucks! not to mention they are really worn out. I was looking at Bridgestone Potenza Re960As pole position tires i heard they are really good All season tires but they run 150 a piece! what are you guys running?
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=0

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I run Fuzion HRIs in the summer and Blizzak WS-50s on steelies in the winter. The Blizzaks are not much better then the Fuzions in the snow IMHO.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I run Fuzion HRIs in the summer and Blizzak WS-50s on steelies in the winter. The Blizzaks are not much better then the Fuzions in the snow IMHO.
try the lm's. although idno about the price. i'd rather get chains and deal with it for a few months.

·
Registered
272 Posts
try the lm's. although idno about the price. i'd rather get chains and deal with it for a few months.
yea, except they're illegal. not to mention cant go very fast in them and they tear the hell out of your tires. better off getting snow tires.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
yea, except they're illegal. not to mention cant go very fast in them and they tear the hell out of your tires. better off getting snow tires.
guess again.

http://www.tirechainsrequired.com/laws.html
"Iowa has no tire chain laws."

that's why you buy a pair of pos cheap tires and throw chains on them. when you're having a tough day, you swap out those two tires and bam done. honestly, you better have like blizzards and snow ins or they're not worth it. just get a good set of all seasons. most important of all, knowing when to call it quits. better calling in sick for a day than to lose your job cuz you trashed your car trying to make it to work.

btw why the hell would you want to go fast in weather that would warrant chains?

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Im running yokhama IG20's ive had no problems getting around. they have been great on the snow and icw. I would definitly recommend them.
second that, my mom got a set of similar yoko's and we've had no problems on her van. only reliable car we have this season.

·
Registered
177 Posts
if you got loot

nokian rsi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts