Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are all the available heads that directly bolt on to the b20a5 block and wat are the compression changes? please

·
Donates his big Member
2,229 Posts
B20a5 heads are the only ones that bolt on directly, H22, B16/B18 fit with mods and the B20a3 will fit if you so desired.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cory N said:
What are all the available heads that directly bolt on to the b20a5 block and wat are the compression changes? please
Available heads:

B20A stock CR: 9.1:1 and 9.4:1 JDM
B20A3 stock CR: 9.1:1 USDM/EDM (carb)
B20A4 stock CR: 9.2:1 EDM (carb)
B20A5 stock CR: 9.0:1 USDM/EDM
B20A7 stock CR: 10.5:1 EDM
B20A9 stock CR: 9.4:1 EDM
B21A1 stock CR: 9.4:1 USDM
B21A stock CR: 9.4:1 JDM

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
But bear in mind that the compression numbers (CR) are more down to the pistons used than the head.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
But bear in mind that the compression numbers (CR) are more down to the pistons used than the head.
when kept matched yes.
but the heads have drastic differences too. all b20a series heads have the same combustion chamber volume, at around 47cc's, and all b21 series heads have the same combustion chamber volume of around 51cc's.
so using a b21 series head with b20 series pistons will lower the compression from stock, and using a b20 series head with b21 series pistons will raise the compression from stock

·
Registered
567 Posts
when kept matched yes.
but the heads have drastic differences too. all b20a series heads have the same combustion chamber volume, at around 47cc's, and all b21 series heads have the same combustion chamber volume of around 51cc's.
so using a b21 series head with b20 series pistons will lower the compression from stock, and using a b20 series head with b21 series pistons will raise the compression from stock
Took the words out of my mouth. Those are the only two head/block swaps that I know the results of, idk if the a3 head on b21 block would be any different than an a5.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
But the thing is he lives in Poland so is hardly likely to have a B21 head or want one.
So back to what I said then ;-)

Although having said that... he says he has a B20A5

·
blubyu
390 Posts
but if you are going to do a head swap b18 is the best also known as the frankenstein b20 block b18 head. the best of both worlds the tq of the b20 and top end (v-tec) of the b18. Just IMO's

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
ehh, i thought the carbed 3g motors were single cam, like the B20a3 and stuff, am i wrong?

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
but if you are going to do a head swap b18 is the best also known as the frankenstein b20 block b18 head. the best of both worlds the tq of the b20 and top end (v-tec) of the b18. Just IMO's

:shaun:

:inlove:haha, B20a vtec... in my dreams...

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
ehh, i thought the carbed 3g motors were single cam, like the B20a3 and stuff, am i wrong?
No, you are correct.

And I think someone else is getting their B20s mixed up :lol:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
No, you are correct.

And I think someone else is getting their B20s mixed up :lol:
alright i thought so...

so... why would you want to swap your duel cam FI head for a single thats only carb-able?

idk, im just saying...

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
that only works with the crv b20 block, not the prelude b20 block. two completely different motors.

you can't bolt a b18 head onto our blocks without major amounts of modification, and it still isnt even remotely close to worth it even before considering the cost

·
blubyu
390 Posts
Yes, I knoe the b20a and b20b r two different motors and it is very pausible, because I have seen,driven it and loved it. My friend special (nickname) Has it and it's a blast to drive it is a b20a5 block and a b18c head therefore (B20 v-tec) and hes not on this site because HE thinks NOT I think 80% of the people on here r retarted.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
Yes, I knoe the b20a and b20b r two different motors and it is very pausible, because I have seen,driven it and loved it. My friend special (nickname) Has it and it's a blast to drive it is a b20a5 block and a b18c head therefore (B20 v-tec) and hes not on this site because HE thinks NOT I think 80% of the people on here r retarted.
lol thats funny. tis true sometimes though lol.
tell him he should join anyway though, so he can tell us all about how he did the conversion

·
Registered
4,683 Posts

·
blubyu
390 Posts
thanks motto, I hate caching crap for things other people haven't done so they think it wont work or cant be done. espeically for things that have see or done personally.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts