Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I pulled apart my rear coilovers so my father and i could do a little experiment.. blah blah..

We finally got to putting everything back together and once we were completed the Rear Toe was way out of wack, so i took it in for an alignment.. they got the camber right, but said they couldnt adjust the rear toe... (they never put much effort anyways being that i have a lifetime warranty. /rant)

The rear end basically sways back and forth as im driving and its very scary.

Below is a picture of a bolt and washer that we just zapped back in, i feel this could be the issue and it should be realigned... any suggestions on how i can fix this myself...?

·
Oh Gee
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Toe specs:

Rear: Left

-0.49 degrees (should be 0.00-0.16)

Rear: Right

-1.41 degrees (should be 0.00-0.16)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Those are essentric bolts + cam plates I believe. I think they go through a rubber bushing, its likely the bushing is shot, so the bolt is siezed in the metal sleve. I would replace the bolt/cam plate/ bushing and realign.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
if he zapped those bolts back in, i highly doubt they seized overnight.

those bolts are your rear toe adjustment, and those arms are basically tie rods.

notice that the nut is off center in the washer? check the other side and make sure the bolt is off-center the same way. if not, correct the problem and it can be aligned.

either way, stop going to that alignment shop because they are useless.

that setup has been used on every prelude since 1988 and every accord from 1990 to 2003.

if they can't figure out how to set the rear toe on one of the biggest selling platforms on the planet, they are too stupid to be doing alignments in the first place.

judging by the pics, you've got the right toe'd in as far as it will go right now. and i think the specs verify that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts