Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please exuse me for putting on all these crappy posts but im not a computer expert as you can see. Whats that line underneath here?? But anyways, The last couple of months my alb pump starts to run more often
especially when the car was standing still for a while I think the brake booster buffer ( ball shaped thing underneuth the pump) is worn out,but now it comes..when she runs it makes a quite a noise and also a very rusty sound. Are my bearings broken to? I know this is a expensive matter
:Rock: :Rock:

·
Donating Mem..car fanatic
340 Posts
Try bleeding the ABS system (on top the system, right next to the accumulator...you will see the rubber cover over the bleeder screw...be advised, it is under high pressure). Also, fluid should be changed (as in all brake systems). The ABS system is covered in the on-line shop manual.

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No engine running, braking or whatever? Just open it up see if theres air/fluid coming out, because i recently replaced 3 brake calipers 2 at the front and one rear, and i just did the usual bleeding of the new calipers but not on the alb unit.
P.S thats looking really nice under your hood Cidgrad130!!

·
340 Posts
You don't start the motor...but you do turn the key to the "on" position to get the pump to activate during the bleeding. It will require you to turn the key on/off a few times (just think of it as pumping the pedal where you would normally for a bleeding of the system). It helps to have 2 people. You should turn the key to the on position...let the pump activate until is shuts off (about 3-5 seconds from what I can remember), then open the bleed screw until the fluid stops coming out, then re-tighten screw and repeat step (until you no longer notice air/nasty looking fluid coming out). You should also remove all the old fluid from the reservoir and replace with new before you begin this process.

Good luck (and thanks for the complement on my car).

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thx! I'm will do this soon and let u now, I was already wondering how i was supposed to bleed the alb system so i can change fluids. I insnt that dirty in the resevoir as it looks to me but im going to change it anyways.
I hope there will be some air coming out, could there be a good chance that air comes in the alb system because of replacing my calipers. (bleeded the calipers) thnx again

·
340 Posts
Good site...although it is not necessary to jump the fuse to activate the pump...like I posted earlier, it can be done with several turns of the key (off to on...then waiting while the pump runs and stops...then bleed)...my way just takes a little longer and is easier with 2 people (but not completely necessary).

Good luck-

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I will let u know chris!! Only i have to wait for a moment so i can work on my own car. My girlfriends car is in need off some serious maintenance
and you know how it goes...But i will speed this up a little, and ill let u know soon.

P.S Your prelude looks really really nice chris i hope we can meet someday
so we can discuss our cars and stuff, and i was hoping maybe you will have some nice parts for me that i can buy from you (Why am i doing this in english, youre dutch too), That would make things also alot easyer for me.

But, its not that the pump starts to run everytime i put the key in the on position. Cause it makes a terrible noise when she runs, so this cant be missed (sorry for my bad english)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.