Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn on my A/C it never blows cold. This sucks.
I Recharged the system and nothing.
Would a fuse be the problem, and where would I find them? The heat never gets really hot either. Kind of like warm/lukewarm, unforunately so is the Cold setting (still cooler than the hot setting tho) :(

Any help is appriciated, don't really know where to go from here.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Could have a leak in the a line.. also compressor could be bad..

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ludehaze said:
Could have a leak in the a line.. also compressor could be bad..
Ugh. What parts would I need to fix the compressor? I don't know where to look on the majestic honda site.

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
It could be an a/c high pressure switch. When you turn on the a/c can you hear the a/c compressor kick on?

·
Registered
978 Posts
+1 to everything basically..

Also, doesn't freon go bad after like 10 years?

·
Banned
5,085 Posts
When they filled your system did they add in dye to look for leaks?

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes i seem to have the same problem... but when i turn the heat on it does blow warm-hot air, just not any cold air when i have the A/C on...

·
Registered
360 Posts
First of all refrigerant(freon) never goes bad.. onces its in the system you should never have to replace it.. doing so is just stupid.. but yeah as for replace'n a compressor, just replace.. If I were you I'd take it to someone. Cuz if you don't know what your doing then you could just make it worse..
good luck though

·
Registered
104 Posts
i had a leak in one of my hoses. replaced it, recharged it, and now i'm good to go. check to see if your compressor kicks on. also, check to see if the system holds the charge when you recharge it. mine had a huge hole, and leaked like a mofo when i tried recharging.

·
Registered
360 Posts
yeah do all that rok3479 said.. but if all that don't do anything for you, then you may have to bow down to leting someone else do it.. again.. good luck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts