Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the car for a full service wash today, but she was too low to fit on the track. *lol*

The wife and I did yard work/bought groceries today, so I didn't exactly have time to give her the personal touch. Guess I'll have to make time tomorrow. :)

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
nice thread..........not :lol:

Reactions: Ludasaurus

·
Premium Member
4,918 Posts
Preludesi_2004 said:
nice thread..........not :lol:
That's what I was going to say...but with how many posts he has on here I didn't want to piss him off. I thought he'd know better. :turn:

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
www.Zohf.com
3,612 Posts
Yep, be wary of those places, most have a huge disclaimer that basically makes them responsible for nothing that may happen.

'we are not responsible for:
  • Lowriders
  • Aftermarket parts
  • Protruding accessories
  • Our faulty equipment or the inabilities of our employees'
They basically cover their asses from every angle ;)

·
Administrator
17,736 Posts
Those things aren't good for your paint anyways, they reuse the water by filtering it, but lots of smaller dirt particles don't get filtered out and then are blasted against your car

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
4,348 Posts
Is that why those automatic car washes are so heinous? I always knew they were vile but I didn't know why. I wonder if that's the only reason...

--J

·
Registered
991 Posts
Where I used work we had a brand new washing system(no brushes just high pressure), and I could wash my car basically for free, but it sucked 'cause the front of the car is so low that my hood didn't get washed so I had to do that manually anyways. So yeah, the 3rd gen is loooooow

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
danny_d19 said:
Those things aren't good for your paint anyways, they reuse the water by filtering it, but lots of smaller dirt particles don't get filtered out and then are blasted against your car
Don't get me wrong, the paint is in good shape, BUT I've planned to respray the car for awhile now. With that being said, concern for the paint isn't really an issue.

:)

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
PreLudePilot-X said:
well those machine wash @ your risk risk places will destroy your car your better off washing by hand or at a hand wash place. seriously
very true.

afterall, do you wash a 100 cars with a rag thats never cleaned?
and if you did, would you trust that nasty rag on your lude ?

yea.. thats what i thought.

·
Premium Member
16,906 Posts
I remember I took my prelude to the local wash, I asked for a hand wash because I figured the car wouldn't clear the rails.... well some idiot drove the car onto the rails.. THEN GOT THE CAR STUCK. Fucking asshole. I hear my car being revved and I go outside and see them trying to free the car from the rail. I got pissed off as the manager was checking out the issue and asked who owned the car. I told them I asked for a hand wash because of this and I went over the car and found some scratches and some minor under body dings... The manager gave me a free wash every week for 4 months!!!!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
:lol:^^

the automatic ones without the brushes are crap. hell, even the ones with brushes are crap. I'd be worried that they would scrape the rusted paint chips off my quarter panel or scratch my carbon hood with the bristles. Also, the ones without brushes cannot get the tough dirt/grime off the car that you could with a hand wash. The pressure washer alone and the little wax crap it sprays on there isn't working the grime/dirt off, its just a bunch of pretty colored soap that some little kids thought was cool looking.

So basically, i try to stay away from auto car washes, that is unless i'm too lazy to hand wash or that my shop isnt open for use. Handwashes can get hard to reach places that most car washes cant, and also is cheaper once you buy the chamois, soap and bucket. Also the wheel cleaner etc if you wish.

·
Premium Member
4,397 Posts
that must have been some rough morning...err i mean afternoons for you.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
team123luder said:
It's not funny, I did ask for a hand wash because the automatic crap is BS. And I'm not lazy, I used to wake up at 12pm every saturday just to take my car to the wash!!! that's not LAZY. jk
Yea, autowashes don't equal lazyness. Two weeks ago I spend about 3hours on the 5th gen washing and waxing it up. I couldn't devote that time to the 3g this weekend b/c we were doing yard work. Dealing with mulch, mowing the lawns, edging....that shit isn't fun. :(

1 - 20 of 24 Posts