Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 87 2.0 si with the a20a3 and I can't find aftermarket parts for it anywhere. I see where companies used to make parts but they're all discontinued now. Does anyone know where I can get any performance parts now days?

·
Registered
1985 Prelude
117 Posts
Yes but you'd be lucky to find anything that's off-the-shelf. You could, for instance, by a turbo and have some shop fabricate an exhaust manifold for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had thought about instead of buying a turbo manifold just getting a regular header and putting the turbo down where the cat would usually be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
your best bet is going to be to frequently check for those rare parts on ebay/craigslist. as others have said, most parts for these cars are becoming harder and harder to find. especially in the performance department, most everything was discontinued 20+ years ago. I do see some nice stuff pop up here and there though. you can still find alot of the parts if you are persistent enough.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is no aftermarket support for these cars. Especially performance wise. Support was never big only few companies made stuff for these engies and all of that is discontinued.
So either be reall persistent and lucky and find some used parts in 2G groups. (thats where stuff flike that gets sold nowadays, would have to have some reeeaaall luck to find something pop up randomly on ebay) .
OR get custom stuff made.....get your cam regrinded. Get headers made and exhaust made by fabrication shop. B16 intake swap. OBD1 conversion etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts