Honda Prelude Forum banner

Which should i go with when i get car repared?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
ROKSTARR
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so when i got my car fixed from the accident should i go with stock fenders or should i get some after market ones? Like z3's or laser style?

Which would look better? And im also thinking of price. Tell me your opinions please!!! Dont hold back. = D

·
Registered
121 Posts
Okay so when i got my car fixed from the accident should i go with stock fenders or should i get some after market ones? Like z3's or laser style?

Which would look better? And im also thinking of price. Tell me your opinions please!!! Dont hold back. = D

I would go with stock...its clean and oem....the reason why? because i did a Z3 to my old lude back in 2002..it was cool back then but now it looks ricey..this was a fiberglass Z3 insert molded to my oem metal fender..see attach picture

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Go with oem. z3's look great on a z3 but ricey on anything else.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I would go with stock...its clean and oem....the reason why? because i did a Z3 to my old lude back in 2002..it was cool back then but now it looks ricey..this was a fiberglass Z3 insert molded to my oem metal fender..see attach picture
Ew. I voted for the Z3, I thought it would look good, but after seeing this picture I can't be so sure. I would like to see one that was bought premolded on a clean lude.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ew. I voted for the Z3, I thought it would look good, but after seeing this picture I can't be so sure. I would like to see one that was bought premolded on a clean lude.
yes EEWww!!! what was i thinking....just looking back at my old picture of my old prelude with Z3. it's horrible....im sure its in the junk yard by now..

·
ROKSTARR
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lmao, Yeah im going to go with stock, So far i got the estimate and its $1800 to fix it so far, thats not including whatever clanks in the motor bay and if their is any damage under the bumper.

And DOes anyone have a stock passenger side fender that is straight and good? Its gunna get painted so that dosnt matter. BUt if anyone has one for free and i pay shippinhg or is selling one cheap please let me know it would help me greatly, after all ive been throught lately i cant really afford this. lol..

·
Registered
224 Posts
I had aero gear Z3 fenders on my first 4th gen, and they looked WAYYYY cleaner than the pic posted above, the slits were smaller and cleaner looking...But fiberglass anyhting is usually a no no cuz it shatters on impact..or cracks, both suck I say OEM with a lip kit (=

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
i was going to say. i have a pair of fiberglass z3 fenders just like that blue lude. i gota say mine looks nice primered. its all shaved. only 1 side though. lost interest in the z3's way back and stuck with it and still today 1 is complete and the other one needs a few more layers of resin.

·
OT HOMO
1,055 Posts
i was going to say. i have a pair of fiberglass z3 fenders just like that blue lude. i gota say mine looks nice primered. its all shaved. only 1 side though. lost interest in the z3's way back and stuck with it and still today 1 is complete and the other one needs a few more layers of resin.
so they look oem? they are just full fiberglass fenders no vent shit?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts