Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brings back depressing feelings of the lude's passing, but the rumors came to an end today.

Courtesy of vtec.net
We don't like bearing bad news but we've been telling folks for quite a while that the RSX/Integra program was essentially dead. Early indications had been that '06 would be the last year for the RSX and Integra, but we felt that the possibility existed that the car could soldier on if sales warranted. But the key was that there was no development work being done on a true successor to the RSX. Now it's official. In a communique that just breezed across the Acura Interactive Network, Dick Colliver has officially announced "In our quest to provide you and our customers with the very best and most appropriate Acura models, we have decided to eliminate the RSX from the 2007 line-up, thus streamlining our product offering to better fit with Acura’s evolving and more upscale image." It's a shame we never got the chance to buy a DC5 Type R over here.

So yea, the rumors of the demise are now official. This is the final production year for the platform.

Honda doesn't have a 50+year legacy like some manufacturers, but it has had cars with lots of heritage. Terriblly sad to see on of the cornerstones go down.

And a note about the s2k. Rumors of it's demise have persisted over the past 24 months. Those rumors have been put to rest as well. The s2k will continue on next year for it's seventh production year. :emthup:

My apologies to the collectors out there that want this car axed, but I say bravo for keeping such an incredible car on the showroom floor where it belongs.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
JDM fo lyf y0
1,224 Posts
So no ludes, no tegs, whats left?

Is Honda going to continue the tegs? (JDM)

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
With the current Civic Si set up the way it is (and the Fit filling the Civic's old spot), there isn't much to warrant the existance of the RSX. I think they should have made it a little bigger (but not quite as big as an accord coupe) and put a K24 in it. Sort of like a 2-door TSX. It would almost be a Prelude in all but name.

But then you would probably be able to buy an Accord V6 coupe for not much more, or a TSX if you wanted four doors. I guess they had too many cars with overlapping markets competing with eachother. Weakest seller had to go :(

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
I had a 94 Ls.
It wasn't my favorite car, actually, i hated it.

But im sad to see the Integra/RSX go off into the sunset...

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I like some RSX's but most never really caught my eye. I just don't understand the new style in Hondas (rounder and taller?) I like the way my prelude has a low stance, the teg had the same thing and then the DC5 and the new Si got shorter and taller. Coupes were made to be lower and sleeker.I guessed they realised that they couldn't compete with that design. Honestly, the Civic Si wouldve gone in a couple years if it didnt have an LSD and 6sd.:( just my opinion.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
edge2lyfe said:
At least the NSX is alive and well.
yeah, like we see them all the time, i have a better chance of seeing a unicorn

only seen 3 in my life time, 2 of them were last year.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Hprelude5R said:
And a note about the s2k. Rumors of it's demise have persisted over the past 24 months. Those rumors have been put to rest as well. The s2k will continue on next year for it's seventh production year. :emthup:
Past 24 months? More like since the day it came out. The s2000 isn't even remotely close to any other platform honda sells, so it's not in any danger of product 'streamlining'.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
shinjimae said:
I like some RSX's but most never really caught my eye. I just don't understand the new style in Hondas (rounder and taller?) I like the way my prelude has a low stance, the teg had the same thing and then the DC5 and the new Si got shorter and taller. Coupes were made to be lower and sleeker.I guessed they realised that they couldn't compete with that design...
Consumers are asking for more interior room, especially head room. Unfortunately for people like us, Honda has to design cars based on what the majority or at least the average consumer wants. God, I'm being a freakin' post whore today.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I already knew months ago they werent going to produce any more rsx and motors. Since some magazine said that i think mugen bought the last rsx type s motor in production. I like the s2k but im a pretty big and tall guy and have no chance of fitting, comfortably at least. They are making bigger cars for the us market probably because america in general are becoming obeist. Ahaha saw that on the new the other night. Americas starting to get to big for the little 2 door hondas. Not saying everyones fat or anything just something i saw on the news yesterday.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
i see a 2-door tsx in the near future...

w/ the turbo motor thats going into that suv :)

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
97 Lude VTec said:
i see a 2-door tsx in the near future...

w/ the turbo motor thats going into that suv :)
You could be right on the money considering the next gen TSX is rumored to be turbo charged.

Small world. The 4 door Accord spawned a 2dr coupe to kill the prelude. Now several years later, a 4 door Accord will spawn a 2dr coupe to replace the integra.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Hprelude5R said:
You could be right on the money considering the next gen TSX is rumored to be turbo charged.

Small world. The 4 door Accord spawned a 2dr coupe to kill the prelude. Now several years later, a 4 door Accord will spawn a 2dr coupe to replace the integra.

wooo, ive been waiting for a 2dr tsx for a long while now, i love that car... and to make it a 2dr would be great... but to throw in a turbo K series into a 2dr tsx = teh sex.

·
Registered
990 Posts
that sucks man. i just got my rsx-s damn nice car. what kind of sales was acura/honda expecting from these cars. I see rsx's everywhere, being driven by all types of people. So it couldnt be doing too bad

·
TT driving lude fan
1,171 Posts
CherryBomb said:
that sucks man. i just got my rsx-s damn nice car. what kind of sales was acura/honda expecting from these cars. I see rsx's everywhere, being driven by all types of people. So it couldnt be doing too bad
congrats on the new car! get us some pics up!

but back on topic. i see them everywhere too. it must not have been that bad. i actually see more rsx's then civics around here...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts