Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been researching and talked to a local tuner shop and between reading different things and opposing opinions, etc, I still don't feel I have a clear cut answer to my question.

I'm interested in supercharging my Prelude Type SH... My goal is just a strong reliable street car. I want to keep AC, power steering and feel comfortable to take regional road trips. I want to go with modest boost within reason for ATTS and be able to keep most parts OEM.

My current USDM H22A4 Type SH has 150k on it and is leaking oil from the rear main seal. Plus needs timing belt done, etc. I can't do the work myself because I live in a high rise in downtown Chicago. So pricing this labor from shops, I almost may as well do a swap and sell my USDM H22A4

I'm interested in swapping for a JDM H22A Type S with ATTS. Replacing all seals in advance, and adding the JRSC kit.

My main question is.. because I live in Chicago with emissions tests... Can I run and tune this setup as OBD2?

I've read a lot of mixed information out there and the tuner shop said I can't tune the OBD2 ecu. I'm ignorant/learning with this stuff and lean on you guys if you can offer any experienced help. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
6,380 Posts
You can easily convert the motor to obd2, and yes the JRSC will install just the same.

There aren't many tuning options for obd2 with power adders like turbo or JRSC. Possibly AEM infinity (which I have no experience with), and then there is Greddy Emanage Ultimate - which i've used for the past 5 years without issue during emissions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts